Has any of your stuff been stolen by baggage handlers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I do. It is a heavy pain in the A$$, but I always allow 30 minutes more when going through TSA, so if they have issues, I've got time, and my most expensive stuff is with me at all times.

There was a post awhile back where someone actually wore their b/c onto the plane, and I think the OP indicated it was no different than a fishing vest or something like that. The OP also wore one of his computers on his wrist. DandyDon or Floatsam do you remember that post, it's been 18 months or so since I read it?
You can say Ass on SB. :chuckle:

Yeah, it's a pain to haul so much in roll-ons & carry-ons, but I max them both out. TSA often looks in my roll-on at my battery powered computers, but it doesn't take long. I just organize well for the gate, keep control off all my things, not sending them thru X-ray until it's my turn to walk, and reminding them to wait on me to catch up before they open a bag. I do mention that it's scuba gear and that often helps. I generally have to repack the roll-on after they look.

I know a few have said they wear their BCs on planes, but they were probably skinny little vests with little lift. My big one would be much too uncomfortable, too much to send thru X-ray, and I check too much too matter anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom