Happy Thanksgiving, I'm Home!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, I returned home today (21 Nov 07) on a one way ticket!!! I will be on leave from the Army until Christmas Day and then transfer back to the reserves. Whooo Hooo, 18 months and 20 days away from home is too long.

So this Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for:
1. That I arrived home today (21 Nov 07) on a ONE WAY plane ticket from Ft. Riley!
2. Thant I have 34 days leave.
3. That I will leave active duty and return to the Reserves on Christmas Day 2007
4. That I am relatively healthy and with my family again after 18 months 20 days of absence.
5. That all my men returned home.
6. That my oldest daughter and her husband of 5 years will make me a Grandpa in March
7. That I have had the support and prayers of you my friends and fellow divers.

Yesterday one of my Iraqi translators who has immigrated to the USA wrote me to give thanks for his first Thanksgiving in the USA. He is thankful to be alive, not shot at, not walking the streets in fear of a bomb, and that he can find work. His note really makes you realize all we have to give thanks for here in the USA!

:crying: there should be a kleenex warning on this thread!!!!

im very glad you and your team are home safe and so many blessings to look forward to

enjoy and thank you :hugs:

A miraculous Thanksgiving, indeed.

Welcome home!

Ken

I'm thankful you are home too. A big welcome back Melvin... Many of our prayers have been answered by your safe return.

Thank you and your guys for all you have done...

When are we going diving?

Mel,

That is great news. I am glad to hear that you are back home where you belong!
I hope you enjoy the time with your family and friends, you deserve the break.

All the best,
Phil

Welcome back Melvin!

Sounds like a thanksgiving to remember, thanks for all you've done!

My son will be heading over in February so I may be pestering you for hints in the next few months.

Tom

Very glad you are back home safely in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family! Thanks for your service to our country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom