Hand signal to end/terminate dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For stops, there is also the brush off the forearm
This is a nice dual-purpose, context matters sign. For me, this says, "I'm done, how 'bout you?" I'll respond with remaining time if partner shows it first. If I'm second, I mean "Yep, I'm done, too. Let's head on up."

For those who haven't seen it, it's like you're brushing dirt off your computer/watch, indicating you are "clean" (no stop time remaining, either deco or safety).

As the second respondent, I've also followed the Clear sign with "Maintain Level" and "A Little". Then elaborated with "Look" and pointed at the crowd of people waiting to climb the ladder.

This is a nice dual-purpose, context matters sign. For me, this says, "I'm done, how 'bout you?" I'll respond with remaining time if partner shows it first. If I'm second, I mean "Yep, I'm done, too. Let's head on up."

For those who haven't seen it, it's like you're brushing dirt off your computer/watch, indicating you are "clean" (no stop time remaining, either deco or safety).

As the second respondent, I've also followed the Clear sign with "Maintain Level" and "A Little". Then elaborated with "Look" and pointed at the crowd of people waiting to climb the ladder.
This is an easy sign to respond to, it is either OK or a remaining time, easily shown with a hand signal,

Back
Top Bottom