Hampton Roads Area Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys, looks like we have some divers around here.

Bad vis is fine with me, as well as cold water.

I just hate paying top $ for boat trips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Randy, I don't get back from Hawaii until 5MAY, so if you decide to wait I'd be happy to scooter out with you at Sandbridge for a look around.

If you dive this weekend, I'd like to hear what you think. My information from some of the old timers is that close in there is nothing but sand from the beach replenishment dredges, but out some distance there is some wreckage from military exercises. There should also be remnants of some old shipwrecks, prehistoric shells, teeth that frequently wash up and plenty of fish.

---------- Post added May 3rd, 2014 at 02:08 AM ----------

Taguja, do you have a scooter?

I know where you can buy one. :wink: My dive buddy purchased my old one and has a tekna DV100 for sale.

I am shooting video tomorrow and following Patrick out and back. Just a quicky 45min dive to check out and see what there is to see....................a lot of sand I am sure.

JT had a nice weekend out off shore. Water was smooth and lots of bugs were brought back, from what I hear.

DB we are diving every week or two most of the season. Between the ocean, bay and rivers we stay wet fairly often.

Dove south of the pier Sunday May 4. Seastate was flat, temps were in the mid to upper 50's, vis was 5' and we saw a huge amount of nothing scootering out past the pier. Not a single solitary fish. To cold for them still I guess, the fishing pier was pretty empty as well.

I can see myself swimming out, sitting on the bottom and shooting dinner fairly easy once the season starts. :wink:

I'm in to dive anywhere in the area. I don't currently have a scooter but I might have to get one. Just looking for people to dive with.

have you guys dove the OBX shore dives.

It's on my to do list this season. We almost went and did the wreck at the 11 mile marker yesterday but SB is a lot closer.

Warscout aren't you on the dive team at the aquarium? I need to put a face with your name. We, Kate and I, were on the team for a few years. I may have met you before?

Hi y'all,

I moved to VB about a year ago, though I haven't dove much since moving here, I dove practically every summer weekend in DC before I moved. With LDC not currently having a boat, where are y'all diving? I'd love to get wet doing just about any type of diving. Hit me up.

Chad

LDC will have a boat up and running within the next couple of weeks.

Much of my diving has been out of Morehead, Hatteras and Wilmington over the last year or so. I'm actually looking forward to some local murky dives that I don't have to drive too far for! Still going to do plenty in NC though :)

Back
Top Bottom