Hampton Roads Area Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmerte

New
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just looking to see if there was a diver in need of a buddy in the Hampton Roads area perusing the boards.

I'm a 22 yr old diver (cert. for 3 yrs, SSI -OW, NAUI - Nitrox) looking for someone who wants to go diving occasionally but doesn't have the money to fly to belize and hawaii every weekend!

You can reach me at mmerte@cox.net

Megan

Nope, but I'm not against it. Just never tried....you in the HR area?

I'm in Chesapeake, used to be Va Beach.

Meg

There are some possibilities.

This season, I am looking at getting to shore dives off the Outer Banks.

I would also like to try some shore diving off Sandbridge.

I am putting together a kit for here in Virginia. I should be ready to do some diving when it warms up a little. I have most of my gear in Florida. Don, send me a PM if you want to do some shore dives. I would like to go with you if possible.

Meg, I am interested in doing some dives here, so PM me and let me know if you have any lined up. I have not done any dives here, so we are both newbies in that respect.

I'm up in Maryland, work in the DC area. I would be interested in heading down your way to try the diving. A group of us from work hit Lake Rawlings, near Petersburg, for training several time a year.

mmerte:
Hey all,

Just looking to see if there was a diver in need of a buddy in the Hampton Roads area perusing the boards.

I'm a 22 yr old diver (cert. for 3 yrs, SSI -OW, NAUI - Nitrox) looking for someone who wants to go diving occasionally but doesn't have the money to fly to belize and hawaii every weekend!

You can reach me at mmerte@cox.net

Megan
PM sent.
I am interested in diving this area as well.

Erik

Megan,

My wife and I both dive in this area (she's not quite as hardy as me when it comes to the water temperatures). Drop me a line if you are interested sometime. We are in Chesapeake (Deep Creek).

Steve

PS. Watch out for Don - he'll get you diving searching for a 1 inch thick plate covered by mud so you can study the eco system. Just kidding Don, you're a great diver and skipper.

DrSteve:
Watch out for Don - he'll get you diving searching for a 1 inch thick plate covered by mud so you can study the eco system. Just kidding Don, you're a great diver and skipper.
So you heard about my dive on the Yancey wreckage....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom