Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we need more space, it's not a problem to get it. Believe me, there's a lot of room in these sites.

Website says there will be another update on the 22nd... Doesn't leave much time before our party is planned.

I'm plan on heading that way anyway, if Ginnie is closed, I'll just have to dive elsewhere in the area - you guys have a bijillion dang spring sites in the area.

Backup plans?? Manatee SP? I still cant go, but at least you have more chance of a drier spot there and some diving as well as options to run out to other springs, whereas Ginnie may still be undiveable at that time.

Those pix are incredible!!!!! Keep watching this thread for updates. I will be in CLOSE contact with Ginnie about conditions! I need to take a drive and see what the campsite looks like washout wise. I'll be looking at alternate campsites as well. I am talking to Gibbon now about local options.

I have three potential campsites near Ginnie Springs that will be accessible for camping. I am still looking at pricing and ammenities. To have that as a fallback, we will have to decide where to go and dive from there. I am trying to keep alternates close to the springs area as some MAY be open and some not.
Hmmmm...
Thinking I need to buy a few acres of camping land!
Get permits for a 200 amp power pole, get a well dug, septic and a bathhouse!
Then we would have a definitive campsite anytime! Thoughts for the April Megadive!
or just snag a few acres with a small trailer and turn the back forty into MEGACAMP!
BBQ Grills, picnic tables, pavillions, pool, game room with pool table, ... Gibbon?
Show me that horizon!

Let's just consider that Ginnie is still the place,...
I have the map scanned and will review and post it tonight. It shws the entire Ginnie area, and where the campsite is. I say camp SITE because it will be one big throwdown! :dazzler1:

Most of the campsite alternatives we have are state parks. This also throws into question,... alcohol presence. Another option that has been mentioned is,...
if Halloween Megadive is washed out, it be slid back to join the Manatee Dive in Crystal River in early December. I would personally prefer these as two separate events, but if all else fails, it IS an option. I am having faith that we may not have a major camp/dive party, but we will have a major camp/PARTY party! I am willing to continue with this even if it means we end up camping in somebody's backyard!
Halloween is still a go for a camp/dive where ya can party!

Arrhhh, th' cap'n be wantin' his RUM lads! :11ztongue

Having looked at Ginnie's site, I realized that all reservations have been cancelled. I don't know if we'll even be able to get the sites I have planned for even if it DOES reopen in time.
I had a little (TOO MUCH) Time on my hands when I got home, so I made this map for the party. If we get the campsites we wanted, I'll drop a closeup map as well, so you can see exactly how to get to the campsite once you enter Ginnie. In the meantime,... ENJOY!
(Evil Laughter)

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I had a little (TOO MUCH) Time on my hands when I got home, so I made this map for the party.
Yes, you had WAY too much time! I love that map! :D

There isn't power or even bathrooms, but I do know of a 109 acre possibility a few miles north of Trenton. (DSW, you might know the place.) I would have to contact my cousins to ensure it's OK with them, but we could set up a few holes a ways away, and there is about an acre of cleared area there. I think I could get my hands on at least one open bottom toilet seat for use there as well.

I took a day off the monday afterwards, so a reschedule would not be in my favor. I will be in central FL that weekend party or not :) I'll dive whatever is open. I'm still hoping for a camping/diving party on that weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom