Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good news on the power front Jarrod.

The $7 (i thought it was $6, or has that increased due to lack of power supply - supply/demand and all) was per site, so split over all the occupants of a particular site surely?

Yes i am still not going to be there, although maybe i can drag my mother, grandma and mother's friend up to see what diving and fun goes on. Anyone else coming in the 50-80 yr old range (except Chuck of course :wink: )??

Becky, as I understand from DSW's previous explanation, you just pay for camping in general, and we will just pitch wherever, stemming out from the electric sites, of course. From memory of last time, there's plenty of room at each campsite for numerous tents, esp. as we probably don't mind close proximity being in a group setting. We can set up a little neighborhood along with Chuck as well.

Fees are per person, so if you are camping there, you must pay their per person fee. The cost for a site for electric is $6 unless something has changed that I am unaware of. There will be PLENTY of space to setup camp. Think of a one acre area with a few trees. That's the two sites I have. The only reason we are not calling it a "Group Camp" is the cost and trouble involved n deposits and stuff. I have reserved two sites which can hold at least ten tents. If people start pitching in the primitive area next to us, we could put fifty tents in this area. Believe me, it's not a matter of if, but where. Sharing a site,... everyone is sharing a site. I will be doing like I did last time. I am paying for two electric sites. That means two poles that run electric, (two outlets per pole I believe). I will be bringing the Tank Bank for monetary donations if anyone feels inclined. "LOOT", as it were.
That will help pay for electric if anyone chooses to use it. At night, I would like to run a fan in my tent if it gets hot. I have many extension cords and will be getting multiposts. One cord with three or more outlets. The poles have a small breaker, so two or three fans and a light or two shouldn't be a problem. The idea is, the best sites are the cleaned sites, which you do when you get there, hence, get there early to clear sticks and get the tent pitched before dark. I plan on having my site erected by noon on Friday. I will be able to help anyone that gets there anytime. We have even pitched tents into the wee morning hours. :)
I will be bringing three coolers, two of them are 5-day coolers. Ice is sold at the office as well. Don't think complicated. The average camper will need;
sleeping bags or blankets, battery powered lights n flashlights
BUG SPRAY... three gallons per extremity should be enough :)
clothing, swim gear, personal comfort items, pillows, mats to sleep on, or inflatable mattresses,...
BTW there IS an air station at the office specifically for filling up air stuff! Very COOL!
A cooler for your personal treats/drinks/stuff...
Did I mention bug spray?
and of course... if certed... SCUBA GEAR!!!!
8Buck,... I will have your regs.
Virus,... I will have your horse collar.
Thanks for the loans guys!
If you want to bring cooking gear you can, there are many grills for grilling. I plan on buying a gas grill to cook on for the party, and anything for dinner that anyone cares to contribute. I will have plates utensils, cups,... I'll be getting hamburgers, buns, and chicken leg quarters. If anyone wants to bring anything else, that's great! If ya be wantin' ta bring more leg quarters, ye be welcome ta do so. Arrrr! I be slippin' inta me character fer tha um... parsnip, partner, parlay... partay, PARTY! Not Parlez as it be known in the upper lands. That would be the French.
Cap'n DeepSeaWolf at yer service,...
Welcome to Port Royal Mr. Smith!

KBeck:
Becky, as I understand from DSW's previous explanation, you just pay for camping in general, and we will just pitch wherever, stemming out from the electric sites, of course. From memory of last time, there's plenty of room at each campsite for numerous tents, esp. as we probably don't mind close proximity being in a group setting. We can set up a little neighborhood along with Chuck as well.
Chuck are you reading this, Becky on one side, Krista on the other, i reckon you can get another couple front and back and get surrounded by all the girls :wink:

No worries, Simon-Chuck won't get off that easy! We will make him our little camping slave in order to earn the pleasure of our company :wink: . Fetching wood, chasing away mosquitos, making s'mores, brewing my morning coffee, mixing my rum & coke....

KBeck:

Thanks Krista! We can discuss our slavery plans for Chuck tonight during the night dive. The company of two beautiful women for the weekend doesn't come cheap.
I look forward to it.

OrlandoRogue:
Thanks Krista! We can discuss our slavery plans for Chuck tonight during the night dive. The company of two beautiful women for the weekend doesn't come cheap.
I look forward to it.
Please be kind to me, I'm old and frail.:05:

SmokeAire:
Please be kind to me, I'm old and frail.:05:
Maybe you could be the cavern/cave equivalent of the whipped man servant like ScubaKevDM keeps enticing the girls with??? :wink:

BTW, using the old and frail card when it suits you is just so poor, the rest of the time you are claiming to still being young and active - you cant have it both ways!!

simbrooks:
Maybe you could be the cavern/cave equivalent of the whipped man servant like ScubaKevDM keeps enticing the girls with??? :wink:
I will, of course, do my best to be of service to these most lovely ladies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom