Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was it the same cat, or another one that looked just like it?
I have cancelled the Manatee Rez so the only choice now IS Ginnie! I have five groups of people non-list that I have to keep informed of stuff. I'm glad I have a list of who I've invited. :) Who's bringing the cheez whiz in a can to feed the fish?

Hmm, forgot about megadive. Perhaps I will cancel the PC trip if Ginnie looks good. Anyone planning on going who can cave dive with me? Ill even have a lp95 to loan someone if they want.

Hey Bug, call your friend and tell him we are changing the venue again,...
to the U.S. Virgian Islands. All expenses paid. :eyebrow: I WISH!!!!!!!!
I'll take care of your entry into Ginnie when I get there on Friday. If anyone at the gate gives you any problem, tell them I am in site 40/41 and REGARDLESS of the time, I'll come take care of it. Wake me up at 4 am if you have to. I hope to have camp and tarps setup by noon on Friday and start cooking dinner on a slow grill. :)
I may even get a dive in on Friday. Look for the white dive stickered van with the "TMBRWLF" license tag.
As you enter the camping area, take an immediate left, (unless it's a "stay to the right" kind of road, but I don't think it is). We are just past the mobile home on the outside of the curve. We'll be kind of hard to miss.

Virgin Islands eh? I don't think he'll be dissappointed :D

Cool, I have your number in my cell already, if we run into any problems we'll give you a ring. I'm thinking 7 hour trip, we leave no later than 5...soo...2am and we lose an hour to your timezone, 3AM - ugh! I'll see about purchasing some JATO's for the side of the truck and fake a broken pelvis to get out of work early, we'll be there yesterday! D'Oh, not likely.

Sleep is for the weak anyway :wink: Redbull has my back.

3 am?! What are you, NUTZ?! I'm gonna be awakened at 3 am?!
I was just joki...
:) No problem dude. If all goes well with bugs n stuff, I'll be crashed in a lounge chair near a campfire, if I even nod before that. If I get a bear nap early in the day, I'll be up most of the night trying not to wake everybody up with snoring if I doze off.

Capt. Morgan will have MY back, (in better shape I hope).

Ok, one of my campsite buddies has bailed out.....Chuck, are you still in???? (Chuck...Bueller????)

Dare I say I'm still in???? Sounds like I'm going to need a nip or two of that rum myself to keep my girlie side in check, and hang with the big boys, mud and all. (somehow, the phrase "what was I thinking" keeps rolling through my head.....) However, I will stay strong (and invest in a pair of hip boots, apparently)....
Thanks Ken for keeping everything straight. Please feel free to let me know of any other items necessary as we get closer.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
If all goes well with bugs n stuff, I'll be crashed in a lounge chair near a campfire, if I even nod before that. If I get a bear nap early in the day, I'll be up most of the night trying not to wake everybody up with snoring if I doze off.
I do recall the campfire being manned almost all night last time. Ken was there in the wee early hours still up and then seemed to still be there when the sun rose and i got awakened by it - with the urge to dive straight away.

I am really wishing i was going, it sounds like a few people have dropped out for various reasons, but still an intimate little group in general should keep the party going.

Krista - your other sitemates of Chuck and Becky have both bailed to the best of my knowledge. I am not sure who is coming anymore apart from a few early hours arrivals and Ken et al and Gibbon. I would be there to support you all, in diving and Capt Morgan, but i have my own things to deal with that weekend with family. :wink:

Maneater will not be coming out until Saturday. It seems she has a headcold that is kicking her butt! The kid has a slight version, maybe where she picked it up. I told her I don't want it, cuz I've planned this dive trip for MONTHS now. Everytime I plan something like this I get sick from somebody! Keep all illnesses away until Sunday afternoon!!!!!! I will be there all day Friday. I believe Gibbon is working until about 5pm. Which means I'll be sitting alone at the site until somebody shows up to hang out with. :( I will probably setup the tarp, signs and cooking area, maybe the big tent, depending how my body feels, and a lounge chair and stereo! Aside from that, I'll be relaxing!!! As soon as the Captain arrives, the REAL party starts. :dazzler1:
Fortunately, parents will watch the kid for us Saturday, so I am HOPING her cold will be gone so we can dive together. I am the only one she dives with and we want to spend more time diving together. I also make these parties in the hopes she will get more comfortable diving. Hard to do when we only get two dive days in each year. Hate colds, hate storms, hate back injuries, hate having those little sesame seeds from hamburger buns when they get stuck between your teeth, or those slivers of popcorn shell that get between the teeth and gum... sorry, I digress

"I'll see about purchasing some JATO's for the side of the truck"

YEEEE HAAAAA
Now THAT'S how you get from there to here in 28 minutes. :D

"I believe Gibbon is working until about 5pm."

Nahh. I have decided not to work that day, so I'll be there relaxing. (one nice thing about being self-employed.)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom