Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awwh...dang, I thought I mentioned it a long time ago that I would not be able to make it...sorry. I really want to make it, but unfortunatley thing$ are preventing me from attending..:(

Hi all..... I haven't been online in a while. Got a new business going that has kept me traveling a lot over the past two months. Thought I could make it to Ginnie and see some old diving buddies and meet some new ones, but unfortunately I can't. Hope y'all have a GREAT time. I'd rather be with you this weekend.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss this shindig this time. I've decided to take a "Walkabout" to interesting surface intervals of Florida. I'll be revisiting old memories from my youth (ages 1-6) and creating new ones. Leaving tomorrow and returning sometime on Sun.
I hope everyone that is going to the Megadive has a great time and I'll be seeing ya'll at the next one.

Quick! Someone lock-down that list before other people think its OK to drop out :) j/k... well, sorta :wink:

What? The mosquitoes have only killed and eaten seven campers so far! More food for us! I still have a few non-divers invited, so we are still looking at a potential of 25-30 attendees not including two dive clubs. They may each bring about 5 people if their luck holds out. One person I just invited today may bring three people just to hang out, party, and swim. I just picked up a bunch of chicken and shish kabob goodies today, as well as omelet materials, and sausage for Saturday & Sunday morning. The grill grate is in the van now wrapped up and three coolers with food and ice are ready to roll!!!! The 20 X 40 tarp is going up first thing in the morning. We will have food, shelter, comraderie, and lots of fun! For those missing out, plan for the April megadive. Date undecided due to chaos in my calendar at this point. Also we have the manatee dive in December in Crystal River. Paul from Plantation Inn Dive Center, will be coming to the Ginnie megadive to discuss charter options and boat/hotel rentals with me.
We are the ScubaBorg--- Your kit will adapt to service us! You will be assimilated!
Resistance is futile.

we will be bringing some extra chicken leg quarters,potatoe salad,couple bags of marshmellows and some candy for the kids. Please let us know if there is something else that we could help out with. Also maybe if you post a sticky about the event in the regular forum more of the casual readers will see the party and show up. Some folks may not see the sub forum. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

Me and my buddy will bring a half dozen or more bags of chips and dip, along with some money for the VofA donation jar :) I'd rather not drive perishables that far...

With any luck, I'll be leaving earlier than expected, as early as 2:30pmCST *crosses fingers*. That would put us there around 10:30pmEST :D

I'd like to see a few people there on Friday with us as well. I don't expect to really start diving until Saturday, but I will certainly be taking a dip in the pool now and then. Tonight when I hit wally world, I'll be picking up anything else I need desperately. If we need anything Saturday, there's a couple of grocks nearby.

It's lookin' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viva la fiesta!

I plan on leaveing here @ 8 or 9 am tomorrow, after the worst of rush hour clears out; expect a 5 hour drive, putting me there @ 2:00. I've baked up some breakfast items to share around, and will be happy to run to the grocery store right there off the highway for any other items needed, and will pick up a few bags of ice to add to the coolers as well.
See everyone there!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom