Halcyon Infinity good choice BP ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a finger spool with 50" high viz line, and SMB

Crap, I have it mounted in front of the crotch strap, so when I go to tighten the strap, it's in the way, LOL

Dammit, I knew it's been a while

I was thinking of just getting rid of the pouch and clipping it on the D ring on the rear of the crotch strap, but I think it would hang then

I don't want to mount anything on my D rings other then my 13CF pony, I hate having stuff hanging everywhere

I'd consider a better SMB (Halcyon 4.5' DAM Closed Circuit Orange - Blem | Wreck Diver Supply), but what you have there in the pouch on the butt should work fine and will let you keep it pre-assembled as you have it now. I think a number of people take that approach, but I prefer to keep my reel (or spreel for dives above 200') and SMB separate until I'm ready to shoot it. It takes a couple seconds more to put it together, but simplifies storage.

Thanks ! I'll consider that one for sure next pay check

I just got done rigging my pony for 60' dives, with a Edge 2012 DIN reg on it, I have to order a 6" SPG on miflex hose for it now

Attachments

• 2014-09-13 21.50.35.jpg
    2014-09-13 21.50.35.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 2014-09-13 21.50.44.jpg
    2014-09-13 21.50.44.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 101
I wouldn't call someone a novice diver that's passed a full cave course, certified on 3 different Rebreathers, and I could go on, but I'll leave a stupid remark like that alone, enough said................

Anyway, I sent back the Dive Rite BP/W combo. I didn;t like the webbing , it was to stiff, travel wing was spot on, loved it, and loved the SS Lite BP, but I went back to what I was used to diving. Just walked out of the local scuba store who is geared more towards tech, I know the owner for a long time, and bought a new Halcyon Infinity BP/W with the Cinch System :)

You are now irresistible to chicks. Congrats on the new toy!!!

As a casual observer......I enjoyed reading this thread. Some very good responses.

In particular I got a kick out of Dr Lecter responses ....at one point doc L seems to have been frustrated and gave up...but could not let go and had to continue to opine...LOL

But the most (somewhat kidding here) important comment was from John B about the socks with sandals. He was right on target....us leftover divers and left over surfers have a name for this unusual (non tropical dress ) behavior ...

Thanks again ....for taking the time with posting all of questions and your research....I truly enjoyed reading it and all the comments with advice.

enjoyable and safe diving to all.

Hi,

I been out of scuba diving now for the past 5 years, with a few small dives around 3 years ago

I'm wanting to get back into it all of a sudden

I left off diving Halcyon's Infinity, and loved it

I just read a post where their inflator valves are known to stick

Before I drop $900 , and since things have changed over the past few years since I been in the water, would you still consider the Halcyon Infinity a good choice?

I been shopping online, and I see allot of so called Tec BC's now, that I don't recognize from a few years back

This has been an entertaining thread, the whole time, I kept asking myself, are you taking your medication?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom