Halcyon "Infinity" BP/W system: Video introduction on-line...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The padding is an add-on part to the existing harness as well, but according to the video it isn't part of or required for the adjustment system.
That was the question I had as well. The idea of being able to quickly adjust between different thickness wetsuits and no wetsuit would be a great feature for me to have. In my case adding buoyancy to the rig with padding wouldn't be something I'm interested in. While my rig isn't the most comfortable thing out of the water, it isn't so uncomfortable for me that I'm willing to trade some discomfort for more weight.

Well I obviously (still) haven't seen this but...

I can adjust my harness for wearing a 7mm wetsuit, a 3mm wetsuit, or a skin in about two minutes, tops. Is this thing really that revolutionary?

Adjusting between different levels of protection doesn't take long, especially if you mark the webbing. It looks like the real advantage of the new system will be getting out of it in the water, especially for those with limited mobility. If this works out, I'll bet they'll sell quite a few in the UK, where diving from RIBs is common.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom