Halcyon "Infinity" BP/W system: Video introduction on-line...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Video and pictures from last week's launch of the Halcyon "Infinity" BP/W system at Dutch Springs are now posted on the DiveSeekers website:

www.DiveSeekers.com

Scroll down to the bottom of the home page to see the video and photographs.

I had the chance to check the system out the other day and it's pretty slick...

Infinitypadupgrade-6.jpg

Infinitypadupgrade-5.jpg

Infinitypadupgrade-2.jpg

Infinitypadupgrade-7.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Halloween came early; Batman suit all the way, look at the ripples in that backplate padding.... :)

MG

thats a nice system..slick indeed..takes the guess work out of adjusting the harness from Dry suit to wet suit or no suit...

thats a nice system..slick indeed..takes the guess work out of adjusting the harness from Dry suit to wet suit or no suit...

I particularly like the way that your can light and left-hip D-ring stay in place when you adjust the harness.

HIS-4.jpg

HIS-9.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! So uh, how's it work? :D
It appears to work exactly the same way that the ScubaPro CamPac I still use (bought in 1970) worked, except for the BC function. Another great step back into the past ... but it's NEW! and IMPROVED!

It appears to work exactly the same way that the ScubaPro CamPac I still use (bought in 1970) worked, except for the BC function. Another great step back into the past ... but it's NEW! and IMPROVED!

Not familiar with the CamPac. Got any pictures?

Did it allow for adjustment with a can light and left hip d-ring in place?

Not familiar with the CamPac. Got any pictures?

Did it allow for adjustment with a can light and left hip d-ring in place?
It's just an old plastic, injection molded, backpack, rather standard issue, but with a metal tank band. I have D-Rngs at the shoulder and when I tighten up on the waist (pull) or loosen the shoulders (push) they really do not move. The waist strap does move a little, but then we always mounted stuff to the cylinder(s) themselves, a bracket placed between the cylinder(s) and the backpack or to the backpack body itself.

TK-0225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom