Haigh now open on Weekdays 2010, lets dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told that the shallow side at Haigh is around 50-52 from this past weekend. Deeper side is probably around 43-45.

Come out and join us. It will be fun. Or get a dry suit so the water temps become relative. :D

Dangit, I was hoping to hear that the water had warmed dramatically and had Haigh become the Caribbean of the Midwest in terms of water temps, not just in name!

Yeah, the problem is the Drysuit fairy keeps missing my house, but that’s ok! SCUBA is about becoming one with the body of water and communing with nature in pursuit of karmic balance within the universe. Diving in a hermetically sealed bubble, isolated from contact with the conduit of enlightenment is just plan wrong!! Note: That’s the story I’m sticking to until I can buy a Drysuit, then it will change completely …. :D

I didn't dive the north side of the quarry, but my computer shows 46* @ 45ft. (Tricycle graveyard) and 57* @ 15ft. (By the platform just south of the road.) This was Sat. morning 5/1.

It's a trick bag that some people (including myself) have pretty strong emotions about. I had a pretty lengthy conversation with Tina and her son about it and they feel they need to do it to reduce their liability. I think it's not necessary, but in the end it's their quarry and they can do whatever they want.

Luckily where I get my fills (Elmer's) doesn't require tanks to be stickered so I'm just taking the nitrox stickers off and I'll get my nitrox from Elmer's only.

That's what I do as well Nick. I love Haigh and the people there are great. But their fill policies are Neanderthal. I refuse to put those God-awful nitrox bands on my tanks. Like that really tells you anything about what's in the tank? Is it 28%, 32%, 36%, 40%, 80%? What matters is a sticker placed on the tank with the Mix/MOD, put there by the person using the tank.

I have a Haigh nitrox card with 4 fills left I need to sell!

What a great day!!! I called early and asked that the filters be cleaned and the heater turned on. Tina was accommodating so the water was crystal clear and easily 75F at the deep hole. And we had the entire place to ourselves. This was the best day of diving at Haigh in the month of May so far.

And since there was only 4 of us at the quarry today and nobody could take the time away from their busy lives to dive with us, after we completed our glorious dives, we did a final dive so we could flail around all over the place and mess the visibility up for the rest of you guys. Have fun working through that when you do get a chance to dive! Oh and we broke the heaters too. Enjoy!

What a great day!!! I called early and asked that the filters be cleaned and the heater turned on. Tina was accommodating so the water was crystal clear and easily 75F at the deep hole. And we had the entire place to ourselves. This was the best day of diving at Haigh in the month of May so far.

And since there was only 4 of us at the quarry today and nobody could take the time away from their busy lives to dive with us, after we completed our glorious dives, we did a final dive so we could flail around all over the place and mess the visibility up for the rest of you guys. Have fun working through that when you do get a chance to dive! Oh and we broke the heaters too. Enjoy!

:p Anyone diving next week? Have a day in mind? I'd like to try to schedule around it.... You have to have priorities in life!

I might be able to make it on the 13th. Again not until 10 but I should be able to do it. Hopefully the weather will be nice (better than this past weekend).

Back
Top Bottom