Had my first accident/near miss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
At least you learned the Air2 is a dangerous piece of gear to have on your rig.

Here we go again, give me proof, not opinion that an Air2 is dangerous.

fishb0y:
Here we go again, give me proof, not opinion that an Air2 is dangerous.
Just try using the dam thing, it sucks to breath off and it sucks if you have to manuelly inflate.

I've NEVER heard of a brush with a reef turning a valve off... NEVER. This is very strange IMHO. I can't even imagine it happened.

terrasmak:
Just try using the dam thing, it sucks to breath off and it sucks if you have to manuelly inflate.

Sure, I've owned different ones for 7 years. It's a backup, not your primary reg.

If you don't feel comfortable with a piece of equipment, fine get rid of it, I do it all the time. I took the time to practice with my Air2, I knew that my buddy and my life would depend on it. Don't mean to sound preachy here, but it looks like you could brush up on some of the basics such as Begin(BCD) With(weights) Review(regulator) And(air) Friend(final check). Think I got it right, havn't taught that in a while.

Only my opinion:
Sell the pony, keep the air on your back - get an H or Y valve.

terrasmak:

Don't suck if you have to manually inflate, blow.

Yeah, dat's the ticket.

I just L:07:VE SCUBABoard.

drbill:
I've NEVER heard of a brush with a reef turning a valve off... NEVER. This is very strange IMHO. I can't even imagine it happened.

J Valve?

Either that or look for 1" wide x 49 linear inches of steam-rollered coral.

It coulda' happened.

Coulda'.

fishb0y:
If you don't feel comfortable with a piece of equipment, fine get rid of it, I do it all the time. I took the time to practice with my Air2, I knew that my buddy and my life would depend on it. Don't mean to sound preachy here, but it looks like you could brush up on some of the basics such as Begin(BCD) With(weights) Review(regulator) And(air) Friend(final check). Think I got it right, havn't taught that in a while.

It's actually BCD, Weights, Releases, Air, and Final Check - Don't need to check the air twice, ya know:wink:

espenskogen:
It's actually BCD, Weights, Releases, Air, and Final Check - Don't need to check the air twice, ya know:wink:
That's right... Like I said, havn't taught in a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom