Had my first accident/near miss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
I think everyone who has turned on a scuba tank knows that it doesn't take 29.999 turns to turn it on.

I also think that anyone who has turned on a scuba tank knows that it does in fact take several full turns to turn it on (that was his point with the 29.9999 turns statement).

So, from that I think it should be simple to see that he was merely suggesting that a tank valve takes several full turns to shut off and that a minor brush on a piece of coral will not turn off a fully opened valve. Simple as that.

Unless of course u gotta itch right???

I'd be really impressed to see someone swim upside down and backwards while maintaining downward pressure between the coral and the flat side of the tank valve handle.

Terry

RoatanMan:
J Valve?

Either that or look for 1" wide x 49 linear inches of steam-rollered coral.

It coulda' happened.

Coulda'.

Jason B:
I think everyone who has turned on a scuba tank knows that it doesn't take 29.999 turns to turn it on. I also think that anyone who has turned on a scuba tank knows that it does in fact take several full turns to turn it on (that was his point with the 29.9999 turns statement). So, from that I think it should be simple to see that he was merely suggesting that a tank valve takes several full turns to shut off and that a minor brush on a piece of coral will not turn off a fully opened valve. Simple as that.

Rats, Jason. When you have to explain a joke, it kind of ruins it.

As I said, though, it is really 29.998765 turns. :doctor:

But, okay, you can stay after and clean the erasers. :smileysto

I got some beers in the fridge :cheers:

----how long will this thread run?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom