Gulftex / photon torpedo GREAT customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always been a big fan of the Gulftex photon torpedo lghts. I have carried two of the originals for years now. Last Sunday I ordered two LED upgrade modules and new o-rings. Today I got an e-mail apoligizing for the "delay" due to to uncontrollable circumstances. They went on to say that my stuff was shipping on Thursday, and by way of apology I received a paypal refund of my shipping charges!
I was blown away by this. I guess nowadays I have just gotten used to crappy service, although shipping on thursday hardly qualifies as a "delay" in my book. Certainly not a big enough one, that I would expect an internet vedor to issue a refund with a note of apology. I thought it was nice to see good ole fashioned customer service and pride in your product and service still exists!

Based on this one experience they now have a customer for life, and I will reccomend their products to anyone looking for quality back-up lights or other items they offer.

Buccaneer-Hi, it's guys like you and others that take the time out to let us know what equipment you buy, use and how it operates and handles that makes me want to step up my game to be a more helpful diver, thanks!!

After reading the threads in several diving forums I just ordered the Photon Torpedo as my backup. I have a great primary, a Halcyon can light. Proteus 3/focusable head.
Ordered cost was $188can. Delivered by usps. I will have more charges when it lands.

Thanks for all your input people I am fully confident in the buy and look forward to the security in the quality and service of the light. kev

I honestly can't comment on Gulftex's customer service...mainly because I've never had to use it (which I hope is a testament to their lights).

I have four PTs (two original LEDs, two standard xenons), and a few of my dive buddies each of 2 PT-LEDs.

In my house they are used all the time as a normal flashlight, even though we really shouldn't due to extra wear and tear. One of these days I'll buy some Maglights.

Speaking of wear and tear -- does anyone know what lube is used on the O-rings? My original PT-LEDs are slowly becoming harder to turn due to lack of lube (I suppose that happens after 3 years of basically zero maintenance...) I was considering taking the heads off, batteries out, and o-rings off, then washing the entire tube inside and out to completely clean any lube and gunk off, then lube it up and put new O-rings on. Any thoughts?

I honestly can't comment on Gulftex's customer service...mainly because I've never had to use it (which I hope is a testament to their lights).

I have four PTs (two original LEDs, two standard xenons), and a few of my dive buddies each of 2 PT-LEDs.

In my house they are used all the time as a normal flashlight, even though we really shouldn't due to extra wear and tear. One of these days I'll buy some Maglights.

Thanks for the input to lasting quality of the photon!

Speaking of wear and tear -- does anyone know what lube is used on the O-rings? My original PT-LEDs are slowly becoming harder to turn due to lack of lube (I suppose that happens after 3 years of basically zero maintenance...) I was considering taking the heads off, batteries out, and o-rings off, then washing the entire tube inside and out to completely clean any lube and gunk off, then lube it up and put new O-rings on. Any thoughts?

Should be able to use normal O-ring lube you get at the dive shop wouldn't ya think? Probably wont need O2 sensitive though.:D (bad joke)
On all my o-rings that aren't on my regs I just use normal 0-ring lube from the lds. Good diving to ya. kev

Just got the new Photon Torpedo. I'm stoked. It's bigger than I thought. It is bright. My wife asked me if thats the light that I'm going to fry the poor little fishes eyes with.

Back
Top Bottom