Gulf State Pier 8-28-6 Dive Report and me screaming like a girl...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mat,
Ever think about starring in the sequel to "Snakes on a Plane"? Perhaps the title might be "Snake in the dome light". Chill out about the snake. Like everyone says, if he is still in your work van, he might be dead by now. With nothing to eat except leftover cheese wrappers and no agua, he will either expire or leave. Either way, no more problem.
Howard

man if that had been me everyone within 50 miles would have heard the scream followed by the crash of my truck a few miles up the road and me on the ten o'clock report trying to explain how the scene of my accident and the scene of my vehicles accident were so substantially far apart after i bailed and left the snake to do the the driving. i would have literally killed myself getting out of that truck. stopping first be d****d. great story. glad i'm not the only one here unfond of the no shouldered sonuva guns.

philmottrek99and02:
Hey Mat,
Ever think about starring in the sequel to "Snakes on a Plane"? Perhaps the title might be "Snake in the dome light". Chill out about the snake. Like everyone says, if he is still in your work van, he might be dead by now. With nothing to eat except leftover cheese wrappers and no agua, he will either expire or leave. Either way, no more problem.
Howard
As a matter of fact, a snake can go for quite a while without food or water... months, depending on size and ambient temperature. But nothing, nothing can survive the interior temperature of a closed-up vehicle left out in the sun all day in Baldwin county in August. :)
Rick

hatman0_13:
glad i'm not the only one here unfond of the no shouldered sonuva guns.

Actually, I have no problems with snakes... except when they could be poisonous and they are slithering over my feet without me knowing they are even around... in close quarters of my friggin work van!

No, no, no, no... You've got it all wrong.

When a girl screams like, well a litle girl with a spider droped down her dress, it's a scream.

When a man does it, it's a "War Cry"

As in, "You should have heard my War Cry when I stepped in that Yellow Jacket nest." :wink:

i think i like referring to it as a war cry. that works for me. unfortunately, my war cry could shatter crystal.

ask paula (mrs prages) about snakes sometimes. did y'all know all snakes are copperheads? yep, they are. just some are real skinny and mainly green. oh, and my mama killed an anaconda in her backyard last month.

Having a son who liked "unusual pets" we had a snake or two for 5 or 7 years and I can tell you

1. They can go long without food and water (they can also hold their breath a loooooong time under water)
2. they can do hot, they have no temp guage of their own (cold blooded)
3. They have no interest in you, you are just part of the scenery if they slither over you, unless they are cold and then you are an instant electric blanket for them to wrap around. Seems to me now is not a cold time so no worries
4. They are not interested in anything they cant swallow and they realize that your toes are attached to a much bigger item that they cant swallow. They dont do processed, cooked or frozen food
5. They only bite when they are threatened, and picking them up does not necessarily threaten them, fast movements do.
6. they cant hear you scream, so you wont scare them off and they wont tell anyone about it
7. they are patient, they have nothing else to do...and they are dumb their brain fits in a head the size of your fingernail. So that also says they are not the kind of animal tha remember you or holds a grudge and retaliates.
8. pull out your tools and any boxes or bags, empty them slowly, check nooks and crannies (tween and under seats) if you dont see him chances are he got out the same way he got in.
9. If you do see him, wear a pair of work gloves to grab him if you are nervous or scoop him up in a bag, easier that you think

Rick Murchison:
As a matter of fact, a snake can go for quite a while without food or water... months, depending on size and ambient temperature. But nothing, nothing can survive the interior temperature of a closed-up vehicle left out in the sun all day in Baldwin county in August. :)
Rick

All day in Baldwin County, heck in a couple of hours he would look like fried bacon (crispy that is to say the least ) But being that its Matt’s vehicle he waiting for you bud :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom