Gulf Coast Oil Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a lot of good information here and I have learned quite a bit about many things, including oil well drilling and the safety procedures used.

But lets face it: SOMEBODY screwed the pooch here. Frankly, we urgently need a Congressional inquiry to get to the bottom of this.

Specifically:

Who put the BOP in the Bop Shoo-Bop Shoo-Bop?

and -

Who put the RAM in the Rama Lama Ding Dong?

But lets face it: SOMEBODY screwed the pooch here. Frankly, we urgently need a Congressional inquiry to get to the bottom of this.

While congress wil investigate this, the investigation that will be worth something will come from the MMS which is the agency that regulates offshore oil and gas. They understand the science behind the problems.

Randy

There is a lot of good information here and I have learned quite a bit about many things, including oil well drilling and the safety procedures used. But lets face it: SOMEBODY screwed the pooch here. Frankly, we urgently need a Congressional inquiry to get to the bottom of this. Specifically:

Who put the BOP in the Bop Shoo-Bop Shoo-Bop?

and -

Who put the RAM in the Rama Lama Ding Dong?

While congress wil investigate this, the investigation that will be worth something will come from the MMS which is the agency that regulates offshore oil and gas. They understand the science behind the problems.

Randy

...(Sigh)... I guess you had to be there...

His Royal Emperor Obama declared that it was all BPs fault and that they would pay, never mind that they contracted the drilling to another company and while I agree, they are in part to blame most likely, if they complied with regulations, if they subcontracted the work, I mean, don't we have a court system designed to asses guilt and innocence or is that now part of the Emperor Obama power grab now that his has nationalized GM, health care, tried to destroy Toyota for the UAW and now was slow to react to the oil spill calamity while putting his top idiot, Janet of the Homeland Security Moron Dept, in charge, I dunno, I just feel all warm and cuddly and safe.

If Bush was stupid and he was, this new guy takes the bar to levels only Dumb and Dumber-er could possibly achieve. Maybe BP could give Emperor Obamananna an IOU for the damage?

Meanwhile, the oil is killing everything, W-----------!

N

His Royal Emperor Obama declared that it was all BPs fault and that they would pay, never mind that they contracted the drilling to another company and while I agree, they are in part to blame most likely, if they complied with regulations, if they subcontracted the work, I mean, don't we have a court system designed to asses guilt and innocence or is that now part of the Emperor Obama power grab now that his has nationalized GM, health care, tried to destroy Toyota for the UAW and now was slow to react to the oil spill calamity while putting his top idiot, Janet of the Homeland Security Moron Dept, in charge, I dunno, I just feel all warm and cuddly and safe.

If Bush was stupid and he was, this new guy takes the bar to levels only Dumb and Dumber-er could possibly achieve. Maybe BP could give Emperor Obamananna an IOU for the damage?

Meanwhile, the oil is killing everything, W-----------!

N

Wow. Just wow.

This has the potential to be one of the worst environmental disasters in US history, but you're more concerned with name calling? Whatever.

"But lets face it: SOMEBODY screwed the pooch here. Frankly, we urgently need a Congressional inquiry to get to the bottom of this."

You cant be so sure. There was a multi stack BOP that has design limitations. If the object(s) that the rams are cutting are 10-12 degrees off vertical it might not cut through them. Also if there was some sort of tool in the bop such as a casing hangar the bop cannot cut throught this.

Workers onboard said they activated the bop before evacuating, even if they didn't it has a deadman switch to do it itself.

So were looking at a few things.
1 they lied no one hit the switch
2. The kick as it came up the wellbore damaged the bop and it could not close period.
3. For whatever reason the bop attempted to close and it couldn't because of obstructions between the rams.

As far as the clean up and prevention goes BP had a environmental impact study filed for this rig in 2007 that stated they had the capabilities to control a blowout producing over 6 million barrels a day.......at this point they cant even control 5000, so thats gotta be answered for too

Wow. Just wow.

This has the potential to be one of the worst environmental disasters in US history, but you're more concerned with name calling? Whatever.

What are you, the cheerleader squad or something. :shakehead:

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom