GUE Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just finished my GUE fundies, about 3.5 years late...but better late than never. All things aside most intense..rewarding course I have ever taken. More detailed report to follow. Thanks to IDH for hosting Stephen White who did an excellent job teaching the course. There will be a detailed report later, but for now I am so tired after these 4 days that I am going to bed.

It's not that they make you drink the kool-aid that makes it tough, it’s the fact they make you drink it from a fire hose that makes it hard.

I really don’t think I'm going to truly absorb everything that happened over the last four days until I do my first post DIR-f dive. Then I'll know how much impact it really had.

Like you said if nothing else I came out of the experience with some new, solid dive buddies.

Mark

Here is what's scary, I am looking at my avatar and I am thinking in my mind "My god what horrible trim"...

:) LOL ... +/- 20 degrees.

But yes, I can now add another solid (Mark) dive buddy (sorry, I already considered you buddies Fish/Jim)...to my list.

Pau hana mokes . . .way to geevum, yeah!!!

Scuba and Dream:
Here is what's scary, I am looking at my avatar and I am thinking in my mind "My god what horrible trim"...

:) LOL ... +/- 20 degrees.

Your knees are kind of lazy :)

Congratulations! Fundies is still the most intensive scuba class I've taken yet as well (almost 3 years ago now - never got past "provisional" though)

Have fun with all the skill dives now!

Aloha, Tim

I keep shaking my head when I see someone who is a full Trimix instructor or a full cave diver report what a good class Fundies is. It IS a great class, but it amazes me that somebody can get as far as that without having that knowledge and those skills already. It makes me feel incredibly lucky that I got sent off to take the class as early as I did. I guess it was a jumpstart :)

Don't be mistaken, Sherman had the fundamental skills before taking the class. The class itself is very demanding no matter how good you are going in and you have a very condensed time to learn GUEs way of doing things.

He came out of the class with a tech pass which is something that Steve White rarely gives out the first time by his own admission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom