GUE Fundamentals @ Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to my calculations, it works out to $19.25 per hour per student divided by one instructor (and one assistant). Then take 7.5 hours per day not including the 57 min travel time in the morning and 48 minutes returning at 18 MPG at $2.65 a gallon multiplied by four days of travel and 55 mile journey each way. Add entry fees, air fills, meals, lodging, and I think it a fair price. This is also taking into consideration its a class you will actually learn something from instead of following an instructor around the quarry.

According to my calculations, it works out to $19.25 per hour per student divided by one instructor (and one assistant). Then take 7.5 hours per day not including the 57 min travel time in the morning and 48 minutes returning at 18 MPG at $2.65 a gallon multiplied by four days of travel and 55 mile journey each way. Add entry fees, air fills, meals, lodging, and I think it a fair price. This is also taking into consideration its a class you will actually learn something from instead of following an instructor around the quarry.

well put sir:coffee:

It was a pleasure diving with you guys yesterday, hopefully the video review went well. I meant what I said too. I think you guys looked pretty good in the water. Everyone has their share of issues during the class. Just remember, that's why you're paying for it.

BTW, that was the first time I ever used a video camera, how did the video come out?

Tom

Tom it was good meeting you, thanks a lot for taping it came out well.

The video came out great and the review went very well. Just the next day a couple of us went out and noticed a remarkable difference and comfort level in the water. One of us still needs a bit of work on SMB deployment and will hopefully be making it out to the quarry today. Thanks again for coming out, hopefully we'll get some diving in together later this year or next.

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom