GUE Fundamentals Class in DFW Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one definite for a Primer class or even a Doubles class following the Fundamentals class. It will be held on a Tues/Wed. I understand that this is a pain for some as it can eat into vacation days, but I would like to ask if anyone might be interested. I only need 2 to make this class happen. And, if it does, and there is even more interest in another Fundamentals class...we can schedule a second class the following Thurs-Mon.

Let me know. :)

Posted in the Houston one already but would be interested in the Dallas one depending on schedule.

Posted in the Houston one already but would be interested in the Dallas one depending on schedule.

The DFW Fundies class is currently full and we now have 2 that want to take the Primer so it will appear on the schedule in a few days. I'm not ruling out running another Fundies class behind the Primer if there is enough interest. Doug Mudry told me that he would stay all month if we kept him busy. :)

How different is Primer vs Fundy?

Sorry for the delay in reply, I have been in an area with limited, if any, connectivity (Balmorhea), for the past few days.

Anyway, I'm going to be lazy and post a couple of links to answer your question, which will be a better answer than what I would type anyway. But before I post the links, I want to say that a typical Primer is 1 day and a typical Fundies class is 4 days. Some instructors prefer to add one day to each. The instructor headed our way in Sept is Doug Mudry and he is one of those instructors that will add a day.

Primer

GUE Primer | Primer Courses | Education

Fundamentals

GUE Fundamentals | Recreational Courses | Education

Thanks for the links.

Is the Primer still planned for Sat/Sun or is it now Tues/Weds?

I would definitely do a Sat/Sun Primer course.

Do you have an estimate on the class run times for each day?

Good question, and one I will have to ask.

I can tell you, when I took Fundies....we were running 12-14 hr days. Doug likes to give you your $ worth...lol.

I'll ask about the Primer schedule, but I'm betting you are talking at least 8-10 hrs per day.

---------- Post added July 31st, 2013 at 07:49 PM ----------

Confirmed 8-10 hrs per day for Primer.

Also, as mentioned previously, we might be moving the Primer to Sept 8-9th (Sun/Mon). :)

I'll know more tomorrow or Friday.

Alright, the GUE Primer class has been moved to Sun/Mon, Sept 8th-9th per request of the students. Only one has registered thus far, but the other confirmed student will be registering soon. That's 2, and we have room for 4! Pretty cool. Currently 2 Primer, 3 Tech Upgrade and 4 Fundamentals students on the list. And I was told by the boss (Corey) that we have hit the max classes that can be offered in this setting. That doesn't mean that we won't be offering more in the future. That said, it's pretty cool to max out GUE classes in DFW......until we get out own GUE instructor that is....to be continued.

Anyway, 2 open slots right here:

Class details | Global Underwater Explorers

Safe dives, my friends,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom