GUE Fundamentals Class in DFW Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks,

A few teammates and I have been kicking around the idea of holding a GUE Fundamentals class in the Dallas/Fort Worth area Fall 2013. Right now we already have 3-4 interested parties, but wanted to put up this post and gauge interest in the area. We are also talking about a separate GUE Primer class for those who are interested, but not yet ready to commit to a full Fundies class.

Post here, or send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Dan

(This post will appear in both the DIR and Texas forums. If you are replying with interest, you only need to reply to one area and I will PM you. Thanks!)

I'm interested in a possible GUE Primer or Fundies class held in DFW (probably moreso in Premier). My wife/dive buddy may be in too. We live in Farmers Branch. Keep me in the loop, if you would.

Thanks.

I'm interested in a possible GUE Primer or Fundies class held in DFW (probably moreso in Premier). My wife/dive buddy may be in too. We live in Farmers Branch. Keep me in the loop, if you would.

Thanks.

Will do. I have already been contacted by 4 interested in Fundies, so we would definitely like to hold a Primer as well. I'll send you a PM with more info once I get back to my real computer. I'd wear my thumbs out trying to send using the phone.

Thanks for your interest!

I am interested. Sent you a PM but your box is full.

Hummm, that's weird. I just checked and it shows that I have space available; however, I went ahead and deleted more messages. I will send you a PM now. Sorry about that.

Well, it looks like we have a team for the Fundies class. I've had a few nibbles on the Primer, but no commits. I am considering asking Doug to hold a one night seminar for those interested. PM me if you are one of them.

Take care,

Dan

First, thanks to everyone for the response!

We now have this class setup in Sept and the class is full. Right now we have a full tech upgrade (2 day) and a Fundementals class (5 day) on the schedule. I got a few bites for the Primer class, but not enough interest. However, I still have a few interested in another Fundamentals class. We could book them back to back. It's a great time to get this class inexpensively as Doug will already be here and will discount based on that fact alone. :)

PM or post if interested in scheduling a second class.

Thanks for reading,

Dan (Cyprian)

Alirght folks, now I'm getting multiple PM's of those interested in a Primer. Awesome.

Right now we have a Tues-Wed(Tech upgrade) and a Thurs-Mon (Fundies). If I can do a little work I might be able to get a Primer on Sat/Sun into this mix. At the worst I can do a Sun/Mon Primer and those interested will only have to take off one day.

I'll be talking to the GUE instructor tomorrow and we can work out details. So, again, those interested in a Primer....speak up now!

Thanks for the support,

Dan

I would be interested in primer.

Quick update folks, I'm still ironing out the details.

Right now we have Doug coming out Tues-Tues for classes. We are considering holding the Primer Sun-Mon. I know the optimal time for everyone would be Sat/Sun...and that is still a possibility. We just have to figure out what to do on Monday as, of course, we pay for each day he is here.

And there is still the option of running another Fundies class. Again, this would be an excellent time as the instructor is already here. $$$ savings.

---------- Post added June 14th, 2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

One more item to mention:

Doug has offered to provide a one night seminar explaining the GUE system, the WKPP, cave conservation etc......Free of charge. We are now working on the best night during his stay to do this.

When we get the night pinned down, I'll post it here and on FB, etc. We will ask for an RSVP as the class at Aqua Trek Sports can only hold so many and we might have to move to a larger facility if there is enough interest.

Thanks,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom