GUE Fundamentals Class in DFW Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks,

A few teammates and I have been kicking around the idea of holding a GUE Fundamentals class in the Dallas/Fort Worth area Fall 2013. Right now we already have 3-4 interested parties, but wanted to put up this post and gauge interest in the area. We are also talking about a separate GUE Primer class for those who are interested, but not yet ready to commit to a full Fundies class.

Post here, or send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Dan

(This post will appear in both the DIR and Texas forums. If you are replying with interest, you only need to reply to one area and I will PM you. Thanks!)

(Posted in the Texas forum as well).

First, thanks to everyone for the response!

We now have this class setup in Sept and the class is full. Right now we have a full tech upgrade (2 day) and a Fundementals class (5 day) on the schedule. I got a few bites for the Primer class, but not enough interest. However, I still have a few interested in another Fundamentals class. We could book them back to back. It's a great time to get this class inexpensively as Doug will already be here and will discount based on that fact alone. :)

PM or post if interested in scheduling a second class.

Thanks for reading,

Dan

I'm happy to update this thread with the following report:

We have Primer, Tech Upgrade and a Fundies class on the schedule. All classes are full except Primer, with only 2 spots remaining.

This is a step in the positive direction for GUE in Texas! :)

If anyone reading is around the DFW area and interested in Primer.....we have those spots open. I've had a few bites, but no one has confirmed his/her position yet!

Safe dives,

Dan

Thanks, Kat!

And I believe we just picked up student #3 for Primer. One one spot left and all classes will be full. :)

Dewd, you guys are growing a whole community in a week :)! I knew Texans were ambitious but I'm impressed :)

This is such great news! Kudos to you for the hard leg work of getting this all put together.

Thanks ladies, we do try! And by we I mean my teammates and I. I won't take all the credit for building the community here in the DFW area. We have first and foremost, our mentor (Jason - Gillty on SB), Kyle Harmon...who many know as the Okie that works at EE, my Fundies teammates (Joe - Korvette on SB, and Jason Speckman)...and the guys/gal that have been working with us and are taking the Fundies class (Bryan, Brian, the other Dan and Stacey). The folks taking Primer have just reached out and I have only had the chance to dive with one of the once. We ran a brief overview of the skills and drills and when we surfaced the first word he said was "Impressive."

Now, I have no delusions of grandeur and know I have a long way to go and much to learn....but it is nice to appear "impressive" to other divers interested in the system.

The journey continues......

Success! All three divers in the tech upgrade came out with the tech passes. The 4 students in the Fundies class did well. I will not post their results as it was their class and they might want to right their own reports. :)

Overall Doug Mudry had a pretty intense couple weeks and covered a lot of ground. Tech upgrade, Fundies class, GUE seminar in Fort Worth. Then up to Oklahoma City for a Primer class and another GUE seminar.

And, we are already making plans to bring him back to the area in the Spring for another Fundies class. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom