GUE approved BP/wing and harness, fins for small woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full foot not recommended, but steel tanks and a wetsuit/no suit are likely the much bigger issue they'd have:wink:
I think full foot fins would be a pain in the rear with a dry suit, impossible? Not to mention difficult to size with a small foot? I've never used them or had a desire to try.
for now, I'll be sticking with my Al63 or an AL 80 (too tall, really) but hope to buy a smaller steel tank. Planning to try to do only a REC pass in singles when I try Fundies the first time, which might not be awhile anyway, since it looks like I'm probably facing another neck surgery pretty soon.:(

---------- Post Merged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I'm 5'3 and petite and regularly do some very hardcore diving and spearfishing. I have worn the Halcyon with shorter plate for years. I never thought I would like the hog harness, but have to admit that I will probably not go back to anything else. There is no padding at all on my setup. I don't even have weight pouches because I dive steel tanks. I swear by full foot fins. But that's probably not GUE approved.
I'm going to order a short, steel plate. Halcyon harness. No padding, although might get the back/shoulder pads after trying it out if needed. Leaning towards the 30lb Oxycheq wing.
Will do a weight check when I get everything and see what weights and where I should put them.

Tracy, I am more petite than you and the Halcyon small backplate fits me well. It's about 1" longer than the Deep Sea Supply backplate, but it still fits fine. I have the Halcyon Infinity system (which includes the Cynch system and Eclipse wing). The harness has continuous webbing and you can use or not use the padding or pockets - it's all modular. The harness stays put, it fits really well and it's easy to get in and out of.

The fins I can't help you with. My feet are size 4 1/2 - 5 (children's 2 1/2 - 3) and I have never found an open stiff fin that fits and doesn't flop around. I still use my Tusa X-pert Zooms in xs/s with xs spring straps because they are the only open fins that have ever (almost) fit. I would think it would be a little easier for you to get good stiff fins...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom