Group buy-109/BA diaphragm covers & exhaust tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are at least 4 different flavors of purge covers over the years. Can we have a vote about which one is preferred? I like the latest one with the square holes because I have none, and could be tempted for 2 if the price is right.

db_Balanced_Adjustable_BKnob1.jpg

nice pic.. man thats sexy.

Oh... and glad I found this thread I'll take six too and where are you getting exhaust T's?

unfortunately, you have to read the numerous posts to see that the tee is a dead issue. apparently too complex, and pricing thus would be extreme, even if possible.

unfortunately, you have to read the numerous posts to see that the tee is a dead issue. apparently too complex, and pricing thus would be extreme, even if possible.

It's certainly possible to build a mould for the tee, but I don't think you guys want to split the bill on a $30 000 mould for 50 or so parts. :D

I'm gonna try to get the boss to sit down and work on pricing for the diaphragm cover, as soon as we put out a few fires around here. We had several big moulds ordered for some major customers, and we are just getting to the end of that push, and will have a bit more time for pet projects.

Jim

I did and a couple people mentioned they never have issues getting them and I was curious where they got them.

The exhaust tee can be treated differently than most other parts. I have found some Scubapro dealers that treat them as an external part, like a mouthpiece, and are happy to sell them. Others you would think you had asked to see a naked picture of the owner's wife. At about $20 per, I would think that a group could find some cooperative shop that would jump at the idea of a $1000 sale for 50 and an easy $500 profit.

The exhaust tee can be treated differently than most other parts. I have found some Scubapro dealers that treat them as an external part, like a mouthpiece, and are happy to sell them. Others you would think you had asked to see a naked picture of the owner's wife. At about $20 per, I would think that a group could find some cooperative shop that would jump at the idea of a $1000 sale for 50 and an easy $500 profit.

Are you saying they are still available from SP, but only in bulk order? Do we know what the minimum order from SP (by a SP authorized shop) would be?

It's certainly possible to build a mould for the tee, but I don't think you guys want to split the bill on a $30 000 mould for 50 or so parts. :D

Jim

my apology, didn't mean "you couldn't", should have used better vocabulary than "if possible" - yeah, you mold guys are amazing!!! was more about the point you stressed of splitting a $30k tooling on a small order. :coffee:

Are you saying they are still available from SP, but only in bulk order? Do we know what the minimum order from SP (by a SP authorized shop) would be?

Covers & exhaust tees are both still available from scubapro AFAIK. I have not ordered any in a couple years. You just have to find a shop willing to order however many you want. Big orders ($$) have a way of encouraging shops to help.

There're a few caveats with the SP new-original exhaust Tee's:
  1. The "current" part number is 01-043-108.
  2. The bump at the back is bigger than the old-originals, so it may not be comfortable for some.
  3. The same part number comes with 2 different openings (for the reg body): 25 mm and 35 mm. The 25 mm fits fine after a little boiling, the 35 mm is loose.
At this time, my mDS in France says it's not available and rejected my order.

If somebody want to try a group buy in the US, I'm in for a few, uh, I mean some. :D
Like awap said, we should be able to come up with 50-100 pieces; who would reject $500 of gross margin with a cost of sale of $0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom