Greek Cruise Ship Sinks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering how deep the wreck is, as it only sunk about 1/2 mile from shore.

NEdiver123:
I'm wondering how deep the wreck is, as it only sunk about 1/2 mile from shore.

Thinking about a new dive site near Santorini ?:blinking:

Has anyone checked TDS for the headline: "New Dive Attraction in Agean Sea"?

I believe the ship sunk in something like 200 meters. That's a very deep area, even though it is close to shore.

NEdiver123:
Thank God almost everyone got out safe-- only two are missing. Considering how bad the crew seemed to react to the disaster, it's a miracle!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/07/greece.cruiseship.ap/index.html

--------------

There's some very interesting video of the ship sinking, as well as interviews with the passengers.
Your believeing CNN? They got almost everyone off and the two missing may turn up and just not accouanted for. CNN is never right. The crew did what they were suppoesd to do. Drills are one thing real life is another. People are going to whine no matter what happened. It's all about lawsuits for these people. All y'all back the hell up untill the truth as best as it will be, comes out.

They said on the BBC this morning that right now the ship is at 70 meters...BUT...it's sitting on the edge of a cliff and they fully expect it to fall off and go much deeper. They want to try and get the fuel-oil out of the tanks first.
The Captain and several officers are facing negligence charges among others in Naxos.

is at 70 meters...BUT...it's sitting on the edge of a cliff and they fully expect it to fall off

ugh...creepy

Titanic-ish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom