Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpawnOfZena:
Narc, Lord of the Deep. I might have to change my nic! I'm taking tech classes the end of May. I'm looking forward to seeing 180'.

My experience with narcosis involves memory blackouts QUOTE]

Severe! I first experienced nacosis on my very first learning deep dive taking Advanced Open Water. Things started to feel different around 82ft and I definately was grooving at 101 ft (my instructor said it was a psychological barrier going that extra foot past 100. As for black outs I thankfully have never experienced those diving only from other recreational activities. 180' hmm... I hear there is not much down that deep just bigger sponges and more of them. I understand it's supposed to be just like a night dive only you go though air alot fast and would have to content with proper deco stops. Cooler would be to get hold of one of those subs and hit 500 or 1000+ and see where the different deep life really starts. So you are becoming a tech diver? I think I've met a couple of those in my travels! Are you looking at manifold or independant systems?

kazinvan:
Great, I'm not too worried about entry, etc. I just don't like going to a new site without someone who has a bit of knowledge of the area. I may end up diving in the wrong spot and see nothing, or miss out on something cool.

I'll PM you and Wrecked.

Mike

Hey!

Saturday cool! I wonder what this other spot is? I don't care where I dive it's all for the excuse to put on the wieght belt!

emcgregor:
I am returning to Vancouver in July and would love to join the club (did a name ever get picked....I stopped reading at about page 12). I have no experience in cold water diving, so going with a group who knows the area sounds great to me! Also, recommendations on dry suits are always appreciated.....I will be testing them out when I get back, so advice is always appreciated!

Liz

Hi Liz, It's never too late to join! Spyhoppers was the name that was decided on by the poll, but we're still waiting for the SB People to put up our Forum. I think we just keep getting lost in the reorganization shuffle.
Let us know when you're back!

Andrea

scubandrea:
Hmmmmmm, define early...

If what you think is early, is earlier than what I think is early, I'll let you know! :)

Real early, for me, is 7-7:30 am. That way I'm home before the kids' day gets going in full swing.

I'll check on the 9am, but unlikely.

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
Real early, for me, is 7-7:30 am. That way I'm home before the kids' day gets going in full swing.

I'll check on the 9am, but unlikely.

Bill.

Sheeeeeesh! That IS EARLY! I'd have to leave home at like 6 AM!!!
Hopefully you can make the 9am :)

I have a 10ft zodiac and a 25HP Merc engine. But 2 problems, the engine is way to big and I have no truck.

The zodiac deflates real easy and rolls up and takes 30 minutes to set back up. Very quick, I have the fuel tank and anchor.

But what I'm looking for is someone who has a 15 HP engine and a truck. Who wants to go dive some spots up Indian Arm come May.

I live in Delta by 120th and 96th. Anyone out there have a truck and a engine?

Or does someone have a truck, and someone else have an engine?

I'm very comfortable with 2 people and gear, 3 people and gear could be pushing it though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom