Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the location is Victoria or Saanich Inlet - I'm in. My new BP/W will have arrived by then and I'll be eager to try it out.

Um, daytime! :wink: Actually we haven't set a time or a place. Any requests in either department?

Andrea

Lightning Fish:
What time?

Bill.

The octopus named "fiesty" was active today in Van Aqua it came out and glommed on to my fin, leg and body. It was really red too, pretty cool looking but it probably realized I would eat it long before it could eat me!

We did a lake and it was COLD and rainy! I was fine in my drysuit, but some of my poor wetsuit students. I loved how clean the water was gravel bottom so no danger of soft bottom particles. Our gear got cleaned and we did some cool stuff.

scubandrea Anyone interested in Diving on April 10th with Jason and I? Location TBA..
Are you all still looking to get a group dive going for the 10th if so i would like to jump if I may.
Cheers
Derek

WreckedDiver:
Anyone done Copper Cove lately? How has the vis been?

I was there on Sunday. Probably would have been good, if the tide wasn't going out so fast. The Cut was brilliant, though! Only went to 90', but the vis was spectacular anywhere after 50'. You could see as far as your light, and almost no silt. I wish I had brought a camera. I'm hoping to do Copper Cove again this Sunday (current willing). I'll let you know how the vis is.

SpawnOfZena:
I was there on Sunday. Probably would have been good, if the tide wasn't going out so fast. The Cut was brilliant, though! Only went to 90', but the vis was spectacular anywhere after 50'. You could see as far as your light, and almost no silt. I wish I had brought a camera. I'm hoping to do Copper Cove again this Sunday (current willing). I'll let you know how the vis is.

I can't dive on Sundays (most weeks), but if anyone wants to go to copper cove on a saturday (16th?) let me know. I have never been there and would love to go out with someone who has dove the site before. Let me know.

Mike

SpawnOfZena:
The Cut was brilliant, though! Only went to 90', but the vis was spectacular anywhere after 50'.

Only to 90'! That's pretty deep! Or are you a worshipper of Narc lord of the deep? It's been awhile since I've done the Cut, but I always liked that feeling of cliff jumping/free falling down to a planned depth underwater. Copper Cove this Sunday?! I'll try to get a few other willing souls maybe see you there.

kazinvan:
I can't dive on Sundays (most weeks), but if anyone wants to go to copper cove on a saturday (16th?) let me know. I have never been there and would love to go out with someone who has dove the site before. Let me know.

Mike

A Saturday dive sounds cool too. Lucky bass that I am I can dive most weekends and do! I am definately no expert on Copper Cove though I've only done it once. It's easy entry and not a bad dive as I recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom