Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a topic?

BTW Wrecked, let me know how the Swordfish dive went.

bcsean:
Ah, hey Tar, aka WreckedDiver. Yeah, I actually have a new MR2 now.

DIR is the only way to go now. I am so glad I took it. For more discussion send me an email or PM and we can take this offline and keep this on topic.

So wreckedDiver can be on a wreck or actually wrecked diving! New MR2! You've already owned 2 now a third! I want your job! Are you active with your DM'ing? DM'ing is tough but fun go for you instructors and give somebody else the dirty work.

Weren't you working on your own can light or was it just DM Brent?

SpawnOfZena:
There was a topic?

BTW Wrecked, let me know how the Swordfish dive went.

Did I mention Swordfish or are you somebody I know? Give me a hint! I've never done it before so it should be good! There still is space for UASBC members.

I am actually selling the 3rd MR2 driving a civic (until I recently blew the headgasket). MR2 just didn't work for diving.

I haven't been actively DM'ing as my schedule hasn't been time permitting. Need to go get insured once I actually have time to work with some classes.

I was working on a can light, but as so many other projects, it's been kinda put on hold. The canister got kinda screwed up part way through. I need to make another one. Ah well, it's only about $5 for the components I need to build another canister.

Sean

Just so you all know...

I heard from NetDoc the other day, and our spyhoppers club will be up anytime now. There was a delay due to the reorganization of SB.

Andrea

bcsean:
I am actually selling the 3rd MR2 driving a civic (until I recently blew the headgasket). MR2 just didn't work for diving.

I haven't been actively DM'ing as my schedule hasn't been time permitting. Need to go get insured once I actually have time to work with some classes.

I was working on a can light, but as so many other projects, it's been kinda put on hold. The canister got kinda screwed up part way through. I need to make another one. Ah well, it's only about $5 for the components I need to build another canister.

Sean
Driving your Civic like it's an MR2?

All of my UK dive lights have flooded but my $5 dive light (store bought) has gone on a number of deep dives and has been the most reliable dive light I've ever had. One UK flooded the very first day in the water when I was trying to teach!

Anybody tried a pee valve? Do you think if you just stuck a latex hose through your drysuit zipper (just open it enough) it would work while diving? I dove with 2 toasted wrist seals and I found as long as my arms were below my suit no air escaped and minimal water got in. Holes in the feet make for a wet dive though.

I do plan to install a p-valve in the near future. I can't see any reason to try to cheat the system and make a cheaper one. For $60 I think I'll spend the cash to stay dry. Oh, and that's for a balanced one. Plus, I really wouldnt want to do anything with the zipper. Too expensive to screw it up.

You dove with 2 toasted wrist seals? I see nothing has changed :p

bcsean:
I do plan to install a p-valve in the near future. I can't see any reason to try to cheat the system and make a cheaper one. For $60 I think I'll spend the cash to stay dry. Oh, and that's for a balanced one. Plus, I really wouldnt want to do anything with the zipper. Too expensive to screw it up.

You dove with 2 toasted wrist seals? I see nothing has changed :p

Yes, that was my old Scuba Pro drysuit! Remember? $60 pee valve where? I thought they were $250 by the time all was said and done? What was the package storage place across the line?

My buddy backed out on a couple quickie dives this evening at Batchelor Bay (near Whytecliff). Would anyone be up for it :06: I was hoping to meet there at 6 pm for a couple 20 - 30 min dives (on one tank). Please let me know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom