Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plus, a club like this pulls everyone together. The internet is a powerful tool, and you can get connected with people from other dive shops that you might otherwise never get to know. Seems like a good idea to me.

nessum:
Not every shop is trying to get a club going.
But even so, I don't see how it is a bad thing to belong to more than one dive club. It means more dive buddies... which means more diving. And more diving is always good.
No, no it just seems kind of different I guess so many clubs within clubs.

bcsean:
plus, a club like this pulls everyone together. The internet is a powerful tool, and you can get connected with people from other dive shops that you might otherwise never get to know. Seems like a good idea to me.

So how's the MR2?

scubandrea:
Two, and I really don't understand your question. WHAT makes you wonder?

It makes me wonder if so many groups or clubs are needed. If there is a cross over of divers between to many clubs doesn't it end up weakening the club? Online clubs are fine they take little time and no travel, but physical "go to clubs" require a commitment of your time and if you get enough of them you have to start sacrificing one in favor of the other for time. Clear as mud on a rainy day? You guys are pretty active on here I just put that in yesterday.

WreckedDiver:
So how's the MR2?

Ok, so who are you WreckedDiver? The MR2 is great by the way, just a little impractical for diving. One tank night is fine, a full day though, I'll get a buddy to pick me up.

My brother has an MK1 MR2. I'de imagine that one could fit all their gear into it by taking out the spare tire in the front. It would be a very tight squeeze though!

one diver, I can pull off, but would rather not. There is absolutely no way to take 2 people though and the nearest decent dive site is about an hour away so....

bcsean:
Ok, so who are you WreckedDiver? The MR2 is great by the way, just a little impractical for diving. One tank night is fine, a full day though, I'll get a buddy to pick me up.

Think crazy diver... I would think Sassumat would stick out in your mind as both tragic and fluky. So how is doing it right diving? Beneficial? Dave B. showing you gear maintenance and servicing? I learned a lot from him.

To be a part of different clubs is a good way to meet with others and if you do not live where you will be diving its a great way to meet dive buddys I think.

Ah, hey Tar, aka WreckedDiver. Yeah, I actually have a new MR2 now.

DIR is the only way to go now. I am so glad I took it. For more discussion send me an email or PM and we can take this offline and keep this on topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom