Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm needing to go diving this weekend (12th / 13th). As the weather gets nicer, this need grows stronger. Even after my weekend in Port Hardy....wow, what life! I still think Vancouver diving is awesome. Who's not so sick? I might even shuttle you around with "Junior" :D

Hey Guys!

So far, there are three of us planning to go diving this weekend. We are meeting at Ansell Point at 2pm on Saturday, March 12th and will be doing one dive at approximately 3pm and if the vis is anything even close to half decent we’ll likely do another dive at about 5pm.

Due to the unbelievably horrible visibility last weekend, these dives will likely be on the deeper side (probably 80 – 100 feet) if the vis is bad – in an effort to see if it clears up. If there are enough people going, we could divide into 2 groups and one group could be shallower.

In addition, we will be searching for our friend the wolf eel and hoping that he is in his den and not the octopus I saw last time!

Let me know if you’re interested, and also let me know if that depth is an issue.

Andrea

Just in case there are any of you who would like to dive, but maybe don't want to go that deep, don't worry about it, we will figure it out!
Just come dive! :)
Andrea

Aw crap. I've been sick for ever and now I'm travelling for work I won't be back in BC until the 24 but am jonesing to get down deep.
I guess I'll hook up with a dive after I get back.

Jason (sick in a hotel in Regina)

This might be a bit early for most of you, but I'm planning to do some diving Sunday, March 27th, and I'm looking for people interested in going out. Check your schedules, and let me know! Cheers, all.

How many scuba clubs do you belong to? With every shop trying to get there own club going, plus "city" clubs and university clubs it makes me wonder.

WreckedDiver:
How many scuba clubs do you belong to? With every shop trying to get there own club going, plus "city" clubs and university clubs it makes me wonder.

Two, and I really don't understand your question. WHAT makes you wonder?

Not every shop is trying to get a club going.
But even so, I don't see how it is a bad thing to belong to more than one dive club. It means more dive buddies... which means more diving. And more diving is always good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom