Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did Bowen Bay today. Vis bad till 40' other people did a different side of Bowen and vis was awesome. I seen lots of really cool looking egg sacks of some underwater creature around 90' also seen lots of cool bits of junk! Have air? Get junk! All of the anchors I wanted to take seemed to be attached to some floating structures on the surface of the water. Zero crabs in the area too.

I did a dive at Mckenzie Bight today in the Saanich Inlet. The vis was terrible above 6 metres (20ft) but below that it was very clear, over 15m. I saw a boot sponge at 26m and many large sunflower stars in the shallows. My buddy also found the insole from a large boot. Too bad I didn't have a camera to take a picture of a boot sponge and a boot insole...

Hello All
What happened actually to the spyhopper forum? Was that ever approved?
I am heading out tomorrow with IDC to Whitecliff to test my new D9, I am allexcited about that, I can tell you. Anyone with D9 experience out there in the vancouver area? Any ideas or problems you might be able to share?
Cheers

ulilaue:
Hello All
What happened actually to the spyhopper forum? Was that ever approved?
I am heading out tomorrow with IDC to Whitecliff to test my new D9, I am allexcited about that, I can tell you. Anyone with D9 experience out there in the vancouver area? Any ideas or problems you might be able to share?
Cheers

I've been drooling over the D9 for awhile now. I already own two 'puters (Apexs Quantum and Suunto Mosquito), and they will do me for the time being. But let me know how you like it!

I feel as lucky as a Leprechaun. Last weekend Quadra 4 awesome dives. This weekend Bamfield 4 dives even better! Vis so clear I shot some pics just on a flash from easily a hundred feet away and they came out not to bad. Of course I like the close ups with all the marine life too!

WreckedDiver:
I feel as lucky as a Leprechaun. Last weekend Quadra 4 awesome dives. This weekend Bamfield 4 dives even better! Vis so clear I shot some pics just on a flash from easily a hundred feet away and they came out not to bad. Of course I like the close ups with all the marine life too!

Thats some flash if it can hit a subject from a hundred feet away!
That's definately the luck of the Irish.

Wolf_eel:
Thats some flash if it can hit a subject from a hundred feet away!
That's definately the luck of the Irish.

Noooo! The flash didn't hit my subject I haven't upgraded to the Blarney 3000 yet! But it did pick it up so clear albiet a little green. I guess I'm a little too used to the local muddy waters where if your not close you'll see nothing but snow!

WreckedDiver:
Noooo! The flash didn't hit my subject I haven't upgraded to the Blarney 3000 yet! But it did pick it up so clear albiet a little green. I guess I'm a little too used to the local muddy waters where if your not close you'll see nothing but snow!

Yah thats some flash, the Blarney 3000, I've been eyeing one up myself at the LDS
down the street, can't afford it unless I give up Guiness though.

Wolf_eel:
Yah thats some flash, the Blarney 3000, I've been eyeing one up myself at the LDS
down the street, can't afford it unless I give up Guiness though.

Very few things in life worth giving up Guiness for. Hey Wolf_Eel I hear the Gulf Stream calling!

Back
Top Bottom