Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Battery:
Room for anymore members?

Yes of course!!!

I have to apologize everyone. I have sent a bizillion PM's to NetDoc and he's either very busy, or we just don't rate. I think he got tired of hearing from me. If anyone else would like to PM him and see if he would still be willing to put up our club, then be my guest!

Happy Diving!
Andrea

scubandrea:
Yes of course!!!

I have to apologize everyone. I have sent a bizillion PM's to NetDoc and he's either very busy, or we just don't rate. I think he got tired of hearing from me. If anyone else would like to PM him and see if he would still be willing to put up our club, then be my guest!

Happy Diving!
Andrea

I just thought to ask about something that either wasn't mentioned or wasn't asked when this started. Are you trying to set up a seperate forum from "Western Canada" or simply get the name changed to the club name? I'm thinking along the lines of "Ontario Fresh Water Freaks". If so, I think there are other people that can do the name change.

WreckedDiver:
Anybody diving this weekend?

I've got a set of doubles I need some practice with. That is if my cold goes away by then.

SpawnOfZena:
I've got a set of doubles I need some practice with. That is if my cold goes away by then.
How big twinned 80's or bigger? Maybe I'll fill my suicide twins (one outlet, no isolation, no problem!) Twins don't feel bad on the back and in the water they are cool too eh? So much air, so much longer to dive! I definately don't want to do Ansell though I've seen the poop pipe more than enough times!

WreckedDiver:
How big twinned 80's or bigger? I definately don't want to do Ansell though I've seen the poop pipe more than enough times!

Right now I'm borrowing a set of Al80's with 10lb lead weight between to simulate steel. I've only been in the water once, with my tech class, and if it wasn't for a buddy that reluctantly gave up a 2lb ankle weight, I'd not have enjoyed the experience. Seems I was too head heavy, and my feet floated waaaay up high. Once the weight was added to my left ankle, *bam* I had perfect trim. So, I need to get myself weighted properly before I do any *serious* diving.

I can barely do the Ansell hike with one tank, let alone 2!

I might just postpone the diving till next weekend, though. I don't want to risk exploding my sinuses with this head cold. Will you be free then?

SpawnOfZena:
Right now I'm borrowing a set of Al80's with 10lb lead weight between to simulate steel. I've only been in the water once, with my tech class, and if it wasn't for a buddy that reluctantly gave up a 2lb ankle weight, I'd not have enjoyed the experience. Seems I was too head heavy, and my feet floated waaaay up high. Once the weight was added to my left ankle, *bam* I had perfect trim. So, I need to get myself weighted properly before I do any *serious* diving.

I can barely do the Ansell hike with one tank, let alone 2!

I might just postpone the diving till next weekend, though. I don't want to risk exploding my sinuses with this head cold. Will you be free then?

I should be good for diving May 28th and 29th.

Back
Top Bottom