Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could take all of those courses. Between a full time job, contract job, wife, and dog I barely have time to breathe :) I am doing EFR and Rescue Diver this weekend, managed to squeeze that in.

kazinvan:
I wish I could take all of those courses. Between a full time job, contract job, wife, and dog I barely have time to breathe :) I am doing EFR and Rescue Diver this weekend, managed to squeeze that in.

You are going to have a BLAST! Make room in Aug for a dive, k?

Ya, hopefully I'll be able to take Nitrox/Wreck later this summer sometime. We will have to do a dive in Aug for sure.

BTW, I have a Halcyon Pioneer 36 wing just waiting for a hammerhead plate, harness, and my two OMS stainless cam bands to show up in the mail this week. Can't wait to try out the new rig.

kazinvan:
Ya, hopefully I'll be able to take Nitrox/Wreck later this summer sometime. We will have to do a dive in Aug for sure.

BTW, I have a Halcyon Pioneer 36 wing just waiting for a hammerhead plate, harness, and my two OMS stainless cam bands to show up in the mail this week. Can't wait to try out the new rig.

Let me know how the plate is - I need one (or two) for my doubles rig. I can use my Al one for my single wing.

Sure, I'll let you know how it is but it may be a few weeks before I get to dive again. I won't use it for my rescue course even it all the bits arrive in time.

New to Canada, so if you've got room for a Brit in your Vancouver club (whatever it ended up being called, I lost track on the 19th page of the post!!), then I'm your man...

Brought my gear over with me, PADI RD with 85 dives, with about 15 in the cold english channel, the rest warmwater.

No car yet so ride share offers will meet with beer responses...

I'll keep an eye on the boards for trips.... if you'll have me!!!! :D

Cheers for now
Si

Simon L:
New to Canada, so if you've got room for a Brit in your Vancouver club (whatever it ended up being called, I lost track on the 19th page of the post!!), then I'm your man...

Brought my gear over with me, PADI RD with 85 dives, with about 15 in the cold english channel, the rest warmwater.

No car yet so ride share offers will meet with beer responses...

I'll keep an eye on the boards for trips.... if you'll have me!!!! :D

Cheers for now
Si

Guinesstrox AWESOME!

Hey any hikers, divers looking for something to do today. There is a speech going on regarding hiking trails on the west of Vacouver Island being that it is a UASBC event it should cover shipwrecks along the trails as well. Vancouver Maritime museum 7:30 pm start.

SpawnOfZena:
Well, on top of DM training, I'm taking Advanced Nitrox, Deco Proceedures, Extended Range, then Tech Wreck. Hopefully, I'll be done with all those by July 24th, then I hop on a plane to NS (for 2 weeks) to dive some wrecks, and wish my Dad a happy 70th. I return Aug 9th to finish the DM stuff.

It's not really a group mapping project. I'm going to map the Granthall. First I'm going to go film it and do a cd-rom version. Then if I've lots of time, I'm going to carve it out of a block of wood and mount it with depths and stuff. My empergency proceedures will be for Porteau.

I find drinking, diving and work a fulltime occupation. :coke:

If you've got time?!? Carve it out of block of wood?!? Wow! I just took some measurements for my project and did a write up with a rough sketch.

Anybody going anywhere special this weekend? I know some people are doing the Cut. I was thinking of doing either Bowen, or Sunshine Coast or Woodland / Deep Cove. Who knows what the vis is like lately in any of these areas?

Back
Top Bottom