Greater Tampa X - started 1/30/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings Floridians! I was out a bit but I'm back.. and back in Florida too. I got an excellent job in Pensacola. It's a bit far from you guys but I'm at least your area of the country :)

cmufieldhockey8:
Greetings Floridians! I was out a bit but I'm back.. and back in Florida too. I got an excellent job in Pensacola. It's a bit far from you guys but I'm at least your area of the country :)

Holy Smokes! :wave-smil

So u can work there while you are looking for a better job down here :)

Good for you Sta - so happy to hear that.

cmufieldhockey8:

We're glad you're back! Maybe we can finally dive together now!

Hey guys and Girls, i wasn't sure where to introduce myself properly. My name is Oscar D. I live in tampa, FL. I've got certified first when i was 12 in south america, but due to school + work I never got a chance to go on any real dives up until last september when i got re-certified over at Tampa Adventure Sports by Bert Wilcher. So far i've manged to get a few dives under my belt, but as a newb, im always open to suggestions. Anyway, i'm looking fwd to diving with you, and reading/learning more thanks to this board.

Welcome to the board.You have come to the right place for diving in central florida,especially the west coast.If you have any questions,ask away.

Hey kiddies. Anyone up for getting wet in / around st. pete this weekend? I did the springs last weekend and im up for a little salt this time. Sat afternoon is my goal...any takers?

Scuba-Jay:
Hey kiddies. Anyone up for getting wet in / around st. pete this weekend? I did the springs last weekend and im up for a little salt this time. Sat afternoon is my goal...any takers?

this sounds like a stupid question, but aside from chartering a boat, are there any local shore dives in st. pete/clearwater area? I'm tired of the springs, and want some salt water as well, but my boat is being fixed right now, and as a college student, the chartering can get a little expensive. hehe.

thanks

Welcome!

NOAA reports 15 to 20 kt winds and seas 3'-6' for both Saturday and Sunday.
Think it's going to be a Hudson Grotto day.

The closest real shore dive is the Sugar Barge down on Bradenton Beach. Some of the people who live down there know of others. Also Venice beach if you like shark teeth.

cmufieldhockey8:

Welcome back!

eandiver:
Welcome!

NOAA reports 15 to 20 kt winds and seas 3'-6' for both Saturday and Sunday.
Think it's going to be a Hudson Grotto day.

The closest real shore dive is the Sugar Barge down on Bradenton Beach. Some of the people who live down there know of others. Also Venice beach if you like shark teeth.

Believe it or not, due to the weather report, I was going to see who was up for a spring. However, it is looking as though I may have to go to Ft Lauderdale to sign my son into a hotel room. He has a big sporting event he has to attend in the morning but because of his age I may have to sign him in at the hotel. :shakehead We'll see. I am hoping not to have to make the drive and spend even more money on another room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom