Greater Tampa X - started 1/30/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah the Grotto is just a neat place to dive, yes it's always that dark down there, did you see the halocline?? it's a chevy van down there, plus a few boats and another van I haven't visited yet, usually vis is around 20 feet in the warmer months, was about 15 feet in January. It is a great place to practice your skills. Thats what we use it for.

Welcome Fidelis, you'll find plenty of people to dive with here, as long as we can all make it where we said we would be when we said we would be there..

Chris

1amphibian:
Yeah the Grotto is just a neat place to dive, yes it's always that dark down there, did you see the halocline?? it's a chevy van down there, plus a few boats and another van I haven't visited yet, usually vis is around 20 feet in the warmer months, was about 15 feet in January. It is a great place to practice your skills. Thats what we use it for.

Welcome Fidelis, you'll find plenty of people to dive with here, as long as we can all make it where we said we would be when we said we would be there..

Chris

:wink: yeah come on guys :D

I had a primary light go dead on me at the bottm of that hole. Remember CMU? It faded slowly enough and I was just narc'd enough that I thought I was blacking out. Thank god for 2ndary lights and watchful buddies

Missdirected:
:D :D :D We're up for that! I have to get out somehow. The tension is building (or is that desperation), I must realease :14:

That would be great if you guys can go. To get in and dive you HAVE to have your dive buddy present to sign in with you. You also have to leave your C-card at the ranger station when you sign in.

I'm going to check today if the run is open so plans may change when I get home this afternoon. It's a bit of a walk to the entry point but drift diving down stream to the exit site makes it worth while.

More later.

eandiver:
I'm going to check today if the run is open so plans may change when I get home this afternoon.
More later.

Fingers crossed! :)

Where is this place, anyway? Can't wait to find out when they open. I get the feeling we'll be getting up with the sun.:11:

fidelis diver:
Missdirected:
:D :D :D We're up for that! I have to get out somehow. The tension is building (or is that desperation), I must realease :14:

Fidelis, I'd like to echo, welcome to our forum. We try to keep this thread running as a basis, if you will, of what others are doing.

Hello Missdirected,

I hear you, I last was in the water three weeks ago and I need compressed air fulling my lungs.

I like this thread and reading about where other divers are diving. So start a new thread and I will keep reading. I wish, I could dive this Sat. morning, but I have this work thing taking up my morning. Hopefully it is the last week for a while, so I can spend my time in the water.

Call in sick :winky:

I'm with CMU that place is just, I don't know, ick. Davo :shakehead Yes GulfCoast, it is always pretty dark down there.

New Thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=183573

johnnyseko:
Fingers crossed! :)

Where is this place, anyway? Can't wait to find out when they open. I get the feeling we'll be getting up with the sun.:11:

I put basic directions on the new thread. It's not hard to find and they open at 8am.

You will be getting up before the sun. :D

eandiver:
You will be getting up before the sun. :D

WooooHooooo! :yeahbaby: I am such a morning person...:coffee:

don't worry MissD, I'll make the coffee

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here on SB that gets up before the sun......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom