Greater Tampa X - started 1/30/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly:
Will not be back until 12th but will need a dive immediately thereafter. Anything happening?

Shirley, did you call the office about your camera? You may have some luck there.

We were thinking about diving at Venice Beach on the 12 and/or 13th, before headed north to cave country.

Diana

I work M - F so Venice on the 12 & 13th is out, but I'm interested in the Sheridan. I love that wreck. Send me contact info for the charter.

Walter:
I work M - F so Venice on the 12 & 13th is out, but I'm interested in the Sheridan. I love that wreck. Send me contact info for the charter.

Walter, your wish is my command :bic:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2484112&postcount=1

Hey Everybody,

I just put some pic's in my gallery of the boat. For those who are interested, here's more info...

2005 32' x 12' Custom Pilothouse
Cruise speed : 20 knots
Range : 450 miles
Hot and cold, fresh water shower on deck
Private head and shower
USCG safety equipped
Dan O2 on board

No crowds - enjoy a relaxed pace and personal attention
4 to 6 divers
Reef, Wreck, Night and specialty trips
30' to 150'
Training and Equipment rentals available

Custom trips of all types can be arranged.

Gimme a shout if want more info

Thanks!

Trip rates vary some depending on where the group wants to go but here's the basics:
2 tanks, 30-60' $65
3 tanks, 30-60' $75
2 tanks, 60-90' $80
3 tanks, 60-90' $90

Capt. Ty Thomas
Eastern Gulf Enterprises
727-688-3304

Username on the board: Capt. Ty

Dive Report :)
1-31-07 Dive Tech Grand Cayman

Knife
Dive 1
108 ft 30 minutes bottom time 32% nitrox
This was the first real wall dive I have ever done and it was amazing. As you swim out over the huge massive walls of corals it just drops off as far as the eye can see until it just turns blue. The site The Knife was a fun dive most of my time was spent around 80 ft it was large fingers of corals that reach out toward the wall but the sheer height of them cause some great place you can get down into and swim through. The sea life was fun and I saw a nice size sea anemones that where really kewl Large Grouper all set up in cleaning stands.
Dive 2
60ft 49 minutes
Ora Verde (wreck)
This is a nice dive as the sea life where fun. The Wreck itself sits in about 60 ft she is broken into bits all over the bottom offering the marine life plenty of places to play. We where told we could bring orange peels down with us and the angle fish would know what do. So we did they have massive angle fish that are very colorful and seem to love the inside bits of the orange peel, soon I had several of the fish snacking on my peels. It was so much fun. One this dive I found a bored cleaner shrimp and I put my hand slowly down beside it the tiny shrimp then decided to clean my nails. Also spotted on this dive several large snapper mmmm dinner. The only bad news is my camera flooded so I lost the pics.
This afternoon I amm off to Turtle Reef for a nice shore dive.
Kim P

2-1-07
Turtle reef
Max 84ft 31 minutes bottom time
This morning we decided to go out to the big wall on turtle reef, if you swim out following the buoys it is about 150 yards out from the shore entrance so we swam the first 100 yards or so and dropped down to the sandy bottom at about 60ft. Here we found worms … garden worms or something like that and they dig tunnels in the sand to live in….. they are long like over a foot and skinny they are in patches all over the bottom … like flower patches. So as you approach them they duck back down into the sand until you swim past. After a swim we came to the top of the main wall it starts in about 70 ft and you can tell by the huge mounds of corals that you are almost there. I found moral eels and had a real good time playing with a very curious baby sea turtle he or she joined up for several minutes of our dive and we hope the pictures come out well. We swam down a cut and out over the edge of the wall … so beautiful. The sea temps you with amazing tropical fish below you (100ft +) but you want to stay down as long as possible you must stay up a bit 80ft and above most of the time was where we stayed. Great dive many, many well everything.
Dive 2
Sting Ray City
What a fun dive this is a total must do for any diver who is not intimidated by marine life … cause those rays are all over you. I loved it so I took my place next to the DM the whole time because he was the one with the squid so all the fish and rays swam around and around him .. and me.
They took us out near a reef in shallow water told us to over weight ourselves to stay securely on the bottom. I was the first diver down and the ray came right up and said hello … got food. They would pass all around you rubbing their soft underbellies against you. The DM instructed us (if brave) to hold our hand out in a fist with thumbs up ..like a time to surface signal and the ray would think you have squid in your hand but due to the fact that their mouth is on the bottom your thumb stuck up stops them , and they stay right there so you can move them around and get under them and stuff before they swim away, like a ray hat. We stayed down for 43 minutes and place with the rays and one very friendly moral eel came out to play as well .. he hung around me for a while swimming up and down me but lost interest and went after the DM’s squid container. I was ok with this because he was like 5 ft long … big boy. But a very interesting experience.
Loved this dive all 12 ft of it.
Dive 3 coming up in a hour or so …
Kim P

Ok, we have 3- myself, mwpowell, and Walter. Capt Ty wants 4 to go out. Anyone else interested? Please PM so it is a "go" for you.

Diana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom