Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I went fishing yesterday and spent most of the day wishing I had been out there to dive. Seas over Veterans reef and points north were almost flat with little to no wind. I could see the bottom again, but it was still just a little too foggy to make out details of the structure. Also looks like those conditions deteriorated shortly after I came off the water.

Lesson learned: Whether on the water to fish or dive, bring the gear to do both in case one activity falls through.

Missdirected:
I have plans on Saturday for sailing which unfortunately I can not cancel - promise to help out a friend.

I'm willing to bet you used the kicker alot Saturday

N@rco$i$:
I'm willing to bet you used the kicker alot Saturday

Kicker for not diving, yeppers. Kicker as in getting ill from the seas, nah. S'okay, about diving, I was forbidden by my doc to dive anyway. I finally gave over and agreed with her. The ear infection broke me. Still did the sailing. Feel worse today. I have no idea why *Miss rolling eyes*

Narcosis, this is the time of year when you want to go out early because when the afternoon storms arrrive the sea starts kicking.

Sailing was good yesterday we did the opposite, obviously, of what you would do diving and went in the afternooon when the sea winds were starting to come in. Got back about 6:30 before the storm, which we were keeping a good eye on.

N@rco$i$:
Hey, I went fishing yesterday and spent most of the day wishing I had been out there to dive. Seas over Veterans reef and points north were almost flat with little to no wind. I could see the bottom again, but it was still just a little too foggy to make out details of the structure. Also looks like those conditions deteriorated shortly after I came off the water.

Lesson learned: Whether on the water to fish or dive, bring the gear to do both in case one activity falls through.

Another lesson, any day on the water is a good day, provided your not in a sinking boat.

Just got back from the Boynton Beach trip. Saw two turtles today. Sure was good to get back in the water.

Henry Morgan:
Just got back from the Boynton Beach trip. Saw two turtles today. Sure was good to get back in the water.

Would have expected your User Title to be somewhat different with a handle like "Henry Morgan"

Uisce Beathe. Gaelic, literal translation "the water of life", really means Whiskey! Careful what ya be sayin' about blasphemy, lad!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom