Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I start my OW the 22nd. :jump: :jump: How long are you gone?

Sounds like you have been getting in a lot of good dives. Good for you. I can't wait till I can join you. See you soon.

Missdirected:

P.S. Naked/bikini diving as it was too warm for suits. I know this is bad and I do have a skin. I am sure I will learn my lesson. Or who knows I may smarten up b 4 then. :14: No matter it was a great day and as always I wish I was still under.​

Sounds like a good time :eyebrow:

I think we will head out tomorrow for a little low vis diving :D
What about redtide, any sign yet :confused:
Me thinks it is still better than sping diving :monkeydan​

Missdirected:
P.S. Naked/bikini diving as it was too warm for suits. I know this is bad and I do have a skin. I am sure I will learn my lesson. Or who knows I may smarten up b 4 then. :14: No matter it was a great day and as always I wish I was still under.​

I just love this time of year ... it was 84 bottom temp in the bahamas .. bikini dives for this girl ... well except the deep dives ;-)
Kim P
:mostlysun
Hey will see some of you guys/girls soon .... like next saturday morning hehe​

GulfCostdiver:
Sounds like a good time :eyebrow:

I think we will head out tomorrow for a little low vis diving :D
What about redtide, any sign yet :confused:
Me thinks it is still better than sping diving :monkeydan

Low viz that is all. As long as you know where the site is, once you are on it you can see. You may want to ask Rich about our second dive. That was the best one to me at least. There was some object just off from the tug but that is where I seen the hi-hats and the stonefish (you really have to look for him as he is camouflaged fantastically).

Toni, I am back Sunday night. Though for some reason your class was this weekend. Hurry up already. :D

Missdirected:
Low viz that is all. As long as you know where the site is, once you are on it you can see. You may want to ask Rich about our second dive. That was the best one to me at least. There was some object just off from the tug but that is where I seen the hi-hats and the stonefish (you really have to look for him as he is camouflaged fantastically).

The Orange Tug is very near where we almost did our 1st dive the week before last, you could see the buoy from where the angry fishermen where at (remember them).

GulfCostdiver:
The Orange Tug is very near where we almost did our 1st dive the week before last, you could see the buoy from where the angry fishermen where at (remember them).

Oh right well go there. Keep MaryKate in front of you as the current is a bit strong. That is also where I seen the surgeon fish - the big hunk of junk next to the tug to the right. The stone fish is on the far side of the hunk tucked up underneath it.

We left about 8:30 this morning for a day of diving. We started out with plans to hit the Blackthorne or Sherridan, but about 10 miles away we started having some problems so we ended up at the Indian Shores Reef (only 2 miles from where we were). Seas were fairly calm, 1- 2 feet, with a slow current. We anchored right over the structure west of the bouy. Vis was better than last time, about 10 - 15 feet. We saw several good sized barracuda, lots of huge snook, and miscellaneous other fish. For the second dive we decided to fin over to the bouy to see what was down there. And ya know what??? There isn't a gosh darn thing under that bouy!!! So we navigated back to the structure and putts around there again.

GulfCostdiver:
We left about 8:30 this morning for a day of diving. We started out with plans to hit the Blackthorne or Sherridan, but about 10 miles away we started having some problems so we ended up at the Indian Shores Reef (only 2 miles from where we were). Seas were fairly calm, 1- 2 feet, with a slow current. We anchored right over the structure west of the bouy. Vis was better than last time, about 10 - 15 feet. We saw several good sized barracuda, lots of huge snook, and miscellaneous other fish. For the second dive we decided to fin over to the bouy to see what was down there. And ya know what??? There isn't a gosh darn thing under that bouy!!! So we navigated back to the structure and putts around there again.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, you almost went to the Blackthorne and Sheridan without me???????????? See that is why it didn't work out :wink:

Missdirected:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, you almost went to the Blackthorne and Sheridan without me???????????? See that is why it didn't work out :wink:
After I get the boat back form the shop we will head out there again, will let ya know,(going for its yearly visit) I think its the fuel filter that was the trouble, we will see...:shakehead

P7110039.jpg

P7110009.jpg

P7110064.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom