Greater Tampa Bay Area XII 4/15/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampausmc:
Are there any big plans for this weekend? Mainly Saturday? Just curious...i have to plan my weekends early to get a chance to make it out......I might have cavern class but it's unconfirmed so i want to see what else is going on.......

also i'm looking for spearfisherman in the area. Myself and my roommate are new to it and would throw down some money on gas and food to get out there with some other people. My roommates boat is ok but not ideal for diving in general and not the best to get out to the good spots.

:shocked: Huge plans brother! We still have room in our room, if you can make it.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=174100

Missdirected:
I was going to say that but I've become leery to use the word Tampa. :shakehead Some, outside this group, seem to see it as Tracy Land or something and I am trying to name the town after me. Hmmm, maybe....:rofl3: No seriously, all I want is to make this a happy place where people know where we are and feel welcome to stay.

So here it is; Greater TampaBay/Central FL. Nothing fancy, nothing goofy, just straight and to the point. Rather than have people post again, and to save on posts/reading, if anyone hates it and can't live with it, speak up now or forever hold your peace or piece if you choose :D .
Still don't understand why Greater Tampa Bay has to be named at all? Central Florida Divers says, "Come back to Jamaica Mon" (it all)

Missdirected:
Heya, can you tell us about your experience, when you decided you were going to come here and dive? Did you find us easily? Did Greater Tampa Bay Area stand out?
My experience with the Greater Tampa Area divers was great. you guys (& gal :wink: ) have given me a whole new appreciation for ScubaBoard. Your generocity, openness and welcoming attitudes were very much appreciated, and made my trip that much better, and I'm already planning my next trip down ( probably October after I put my sailboat away for the winter).
I found your forum easily, as it had the name of the area I wanted to dive in, in the name. IMO, if you change the name to Central Florida, it will be less obvious and harder for those not from the area to find you. My first thought when I read Central Florida is fresh water diving, and I'd assume it was the cave diving area of the state. IMO, you should have the words "Gulf Coast" or "West Coast" in the name, such as "Gulf Coast Bottom Dwellers" or something along those lines, so any new divers, or visitors will know the geopraphic area of the state you all dive in.
Anyhow, thanks again for welcoming me to dive with you, and showing me a great time. MissD, I emailed Narco$i$ video of the dolphins and a few pics I took when we went diving, if you want copies, PM me your email address.
C-Dawg (Chris)

Missdirected:
I was going to say that but I've become leery to use the word Tampa. :shakehead Some, outside this group, seem to see it as Tracy Land or something and I am trying to name the town after me. Hmmm, maybe....:rofl3: No seriously, all I want is to make this a happy place where people know where we are and feel welcome to stay.

I know I know!!...
call it "MissD and Peeps"
I like that a lot!!! :rofl3:

naturewalker36:
MissD and Peeps kinda kewl Mid Florida Divers sounds good to me and covers coast to coast

NatureWalker looks like you and 4 female divers booked on the 20th :blinking: poor poor Howard.
The cost is $40 per diver the site is Sea Emporer (wreck 72 ft) come join us :wink:
Kim P

Missdirected:
Tracy's Territory perhaps? :) The West Florida Anywhoozles?

dldiver:
I know I know!!...
"MissD and Peeps"
:rofl3:

It's so over the top that you should actually consider it... :)

Divergirl4u:
NatureWalker looks like you and 4 female divers booked on the 20th :blinking: poor poor Howard.
The cost is $40 per diver the site is Sea Emporer (wreck 72 ft) come join us :wink:
Kim P
Don't forget to follow the ballast rock over to the second ship.

If you are first in the water on the Sea Emperor, the Goliath's hang out at the starboard side aft, but move away when too many divers approach.

The 5' green moray hangs out on that second wreck :D

dldiver:
I know I know!!...
call it "MissD and Peeps"
I like that a lot!!! :rofl3:
There, those peeps are again!!!! I gotta find a picture of one of them peeps so I can spot them the next time. D'Anne forgot to explain peeps, but that is ok, MissD splained them...:rofl3:

Actually I like Central Florida Divers, it says it all and is sort of like it was previously. In the ole Central Florida you would find diving in Tampa Bay and also the springs, which was nice. It Keeps it simple. Then if you wanted to join in any of the dives if it was freshy water or salty water you could.

Well I am going to salty water this weekend and all next week. Going to check out the Bahamas. I have never been to Freeport so I am getting excited for an ole coot. Got to get everything packed up.

Some time I have got to run down and join you guys, I haven't dove in the Gulf since I moved from Indian Rocks Beach in 1967! I never considered the gulf to have much vis unless you could get way out. I am going away for this summer so will have to check out what is going on in October when I get back. Sounds like you all have a good time, if you allow old coots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom