Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, SalmonBoy97 was good enough to make our group a table marker. So from now on for the M&G's at the various restaurants we have our very own table sized dive flag on its own lil stand complete with SB stickers and our group name:bounce2:

No one can miss us now :)

Thanks SB97

Allright!!

You will be happy to know I took the boat to the shop today, it will be done in less than 2wks. :D
and I will be too broke to dive when its fixed but, it will be running good. :cool2:

Hey I own that boat aka "Can't win for losing". So what was wrong with it?

Welcome to my world Bro. I haven't been able to get my boat running since May. I have to put a new carb on it. I have had to do a ton of work to it just to get it to the point where I only have the carb left to do. I swear the boat is trying to kill me. So I feel your pain.

Diving today in 40-50 ft., viz was about 50ft (absolutely outstanding), and the water temperature was 79F. Last week, there was a lot less whale snot in the water, compared to what we are used to in the height of summer. This week, there was almost no snot :yeahbaby: My boat buddies were III, ScubaAnn, and Sambuie. Trip started at 8:37 a.m. w/Captain Earl on "WetYet". Seas were sloppy starting out and around 3ft. By the end of the day the seas had calmed to 1's :bananalama:

Today was horrible w/ not having a camera. So many pic opps :sad: Saw another starburst anemone - only the second I've spotted in the gulf. This area also held many nice sized varieties' of coral and masses of sponge (pick a color any color - they were all there).

Sambuie fka Sambo - was lucky enough to spot a turtle. Note she didn't bother to come find me and share it with me :shocked2: Some people, I'll tell ya :idk::shakehead:
:winky)

Anywhoozle, the area turned out to be no good for fishing but it held and abundance of different reef fish. Again, today really stung not having a camera. I have to say that is one of the best reef's I have seen around. The colors reminded me several times of diving much further south.

Well that is all I got people. Another wonderful day w/ some fantastic buddy's :)

Welcome to my world Bro. I haven't been able to get my boat running since May. I have to put a new carb on it. I have had to do a ton of work to it just to get it to the point where I only have the carb left to do. I swear the boat is trying to kill me. So I feel your pain.

Unfortunately I'm also a current member of the broken boat club... What kind of carb do you need? I might possibly have a freshly rebuilt Rochester Quadrajet from a 260 Mercruiser (Chevy 350 based) sitting in the closet if I haven't tossed it already.

Unfortunately I'm also a current member of the broken boat club...

Per SB rules; if there are twelve of you, you are allowed your very own club here on the board. Just think, you guys could console and hold one another :wink: :sprint::popcorn:

I got some pics today of the life on that awesome reef. I'm gonna try to load a few....

PICT0078.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

This one took a while to get.

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0120.jpg

"I Like Crabs!"

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

They even made us breakfast at Capt Earl's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom