Greater Orlando Area Divers UNTIE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarleyDiver_FL:
dl--- Are you going to bring a camera when we all untie??? I've seen myslef in a mirror, Lord knows I don't want pictures floating around. BTW, whens the meet and greet?:confused: Is that where were going to untie?:mooner: I must demand that NO double knots be allowed.

Alright already!!
From the list it looks like a lot of our peeps are from the northern side of o-town...

So, here is the proposed time and place for a meet and greet:

7pm, Tuesday, May 8th
Altamonte Ale House
(Just off of I-4)
477 E. Altamonte Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407) 331-6611 Phone
(407) 331-6996 Fax
Show Map

What do you think? Too soon? Bad Location?

You have 2 hours to respond with changes....
then i'll make it official and post it in a new thread so we make sure everyone know's they're invited!!!

GO! :)

dldiver:
then i'll make it official and post it in a new thread so we make sure everyone know's they're invited!!! GO! :)

I made it in the two hours. Sounds ok to me! Plus it's really really close to home:D

AstroDad:
LOL....

Good Lord, is there anything more devastating than being a male, in Florida, getting a divorce?
GO GATORS!!!

(UF dad * 2)

There is Only one thing worse than being a male, in Florida, getting a divorce. A male, in Florida, getting a divorce when children are involved and the Courts find out what kind of money you make. They don't care what she makes, just what you make! At least I know the money actually went to my girls.

Go Gators

dldiver:
Alright already!!
From the list it looks like a lot of our peeps are from the northern side of o-town...

So, here is the proposed time and place for a meet and greet:

7pm, Tuesday, May 8th
Altamonte Ale House
(Just off of I-4)
477 E. Altamonte Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407) 331-6611 Phone
(407) 331-6996 Fax
Show Map

What do you think? Too soon? Bad Location?

then i'll make it official and post it in a new thread so we make sure everyone know's they're invited!!!

GO! :)
we can't untie at the alehouse
we have to untie where we can dive somewhere

LiteHedded:
we can't untie at the alehouse
we have to untie where we can dive somewhere

Dude. I thought you was a edumacated college type persons.:D It's a meet and greet. Hense, We meet, we greet and we get to know one another.

:rolleyes: Umm, are we going to have to start a new thread??
"Divorced FL Divers Surface Support" :D

:focus:
we can meet n greet at the alehouse and make plans to untie diving then!
So are the date and time okay??

plus- i've invited all of you to go diving this friday in jupiter...
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=189505

HarleyDiver_FL:
Dude. I thought you was a edumacated college type persons.:D It's a meet and greet. Hense, We meet, we greet and we get to know one another.

you thought wrong. I went to UCF
LOL

I posted this on another thread, Florida and was told to visit here for some help. Sorry so long but I just cut and pasted most of my posts so that you can get as much info as possible. Here goes:

I am not a diver, but my husband is. I am dragging him to Disney this year when I know he would really like to dive. My question is are there any areas close to Disney (like Daytona, one to two hours away) that have okay diving that he can do for a day trip? He doesn't seem too interested in the dive experience that they have at EPCOT. Also, are there are any tour companies that would set something up and provide transportation, for a fee of course?

My husband is not a member here, at least not that I know of. I don't know much about diving except I was too chicken to get into the water after the resort dive class. I've heard Florida has some good diving, I said "okay" because we're not renting a car and would like it to be just a day trip, didn't realize that there was so much so close to Orlando.

I'm trying to surprise him with something as he hates the parks and really likes to do a dive on vacation. He doesn't want to do the Living Seas becuase he says he's not jumping into a tank full of sharks...tried to explain that there are plenty in the ocean, but he feels as long as he doesn't see them they're not there...I don't get it but whatever.

He's ony been diving in Mexico (Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel). I don't even know what a spring is? Forgive me!! What do you see there and will a semi-new diver like it? Can you rent equipment?

I will check out the sites mentioned in previous posts. Thanks for all the help!! I'll take whatever I can get and I need it!

He is fairly new, only diving on vacations the last three years so maybe like two times per year, I think they are two tank dives so does that count as four times? The only place he has been is in Mexico in the Gulf - Cancun, Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen.

He doesn't have any of his own equipment, except a mask and snorkle which he just might pack anyway so he and the kid can fool around in the pool.

He's never been on a wreck dive. I don't know if he'd want to. Well, I'm sure he would want to but maybe after a little more experience and is a special certification required for that?

He definately doesn't want to see any sharks.

Can I get by with this information? And I would need to know how long before or after flying does he need to wait.

And lastly...to post my original post and maybe the following additional information onto the Orlando thread, can I use the "quote" (how?) or do I need to retype?

Again, THANKS!!!
user_online.gif

the sharks in the epcot tank are like big dumb sheep
they circle around and around on the same loop. if you don't go over there you wont even see the bastids

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom