Greater Orlando Area Divers UNTIE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

storzo:
By shop do you mean this Ranger Rick or are there some others I should be looking at?

rick actually runs a lot of the trips for several of the shops here in town so i'd recomend just going straight to the source and cutting out the 'middle man' :)

he's also an independant(as in not associated with a particular dive shop) instructor so is very capable of doing a quick refresher course for the hubby and keeping a close eye on him.

but its always good to shop around...

storzo:
By shop do you mean this Ranger Rick or are there some others I should be looking at?

Ranger Rick's, yes. My understanding is that is where dldiver would be setting up the trip. :) Clearly, she knows them and has been out with them. Give them a shout. Let them know he may or may not want a DM to dive along with him. They will keep the option open. Good Dive Op's are in the business of making people feel comfortable. I am sure you will find them quite accommodating and nice. The most important thing is booking his spot for now. If worse comes to worse, you can always cancel :)

Missdirected:
Ranger Rick's, yes. My understanding is that is where dldiver would be setting up the trip. :) Clearly, she knows them and has been out with them. Give them a shout. Let them know he may or may not want a DM to dive along with him. They will keep the option open. Good Dive Op's are in the business of making people feel comfortable. I am sure you will find them quite accommodating and nice. The most important thing is booking his spot for now. If worse comes to worse, you can always cancel :)

Thanks. You guys are a WEALTH information and VERY helpful!

storzo:

We wish your Hubby a safe trip and welcome a chance to have another underwater lover in the abiss we like to call our second home (Well I like to call water my second home). If he does dive. just remind him to be safe and remember the safety stop:popcorn:

HarleyDiver_FL:
We wish your Hubby a safe trip and welcome a chance to have another underwater lover in the abiss we like to call our second home (Well I like to call water my second home). If he does dive. just remind him to be safe and remember the safety stop:popcorn:
Exactly!

Florida offers diving for all skill levels. One of the largest SCUBA retailers in the world is in Orlando, right there on the main strip, and not far from the Interstate.

http://www.diversdirect.com/stores/orl.php

World Water Sports has day trips to both coasts and has an 800 number. You might want to call them and see if you can setup a dive for your husband.

Good luck,
Jim

storzo:

Be sure to let us know what you book. :) No matter what, make sure your husband becomes a member of this board at some point. He should have known when he was certified that it is mandatory to be a ScubaBoard member :wink:

I haven't chimed in here because it seems as though everyone else has pretty much covered all of the bases rather well. But I do want to say that I think it is really cool that you are doing this for your husband. Very thoughtful and kind, and it appears that you are a class act. Kudos to storzo.

CoolTech:
Exactly!

Florida offers diving for all skill levels. One of the largest SCUBA retailers in the world is in Orlando, right there on the main strip, and not far from the Interstate.

http://www.diversdirect.com/stores/orl.php

World Water Sports has day trips to both coasts and has an 800 number. You might want to call them and see if you can setup a dive for your husband.

Good luck,
Jim

psst.. Rick does the classes and runs the trips out of divers direct in orlando.

in fact i was just there today working on my rescue course!
oweee, sore girl tonight...

scubafool:
I haven't chimed in here because it seems as though everyone else has pretty much covered all of the bases rather well. But I do want to say that I think it is really cool that you are doing this for your husband. Very thoughtful and kind, and it appears that you are a class act. Kudos to storzo.

Thank you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom