Great Lakes Wrecking Crew 14th Semi-Annual Meet and Greet April 23rd-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Ken providing his homemade stuff for Saturday night?

Brian,

Right now, based on school schedules, looks like I can be there. Unfortunately, I have not brewed a batch in about 9 or 10 months, so my stock is a bit low, but what is mine, is the groups. I'll bring it all.

Ken

I just picked up two HP80 tanks but the Pro Valves are set up for DIN, I was not given the insert to make them yoke. I was wondering if any of you had two spare Yoke inserts that you were not using and might want to sell (or give) to me.

I just picked up two HP80 tanks but the Pro Valves are set up for DIN, I was not given the insert to make them yoke. I was wondering if any of you had two spare Yoke inserts that you were not using and might want to sell (or give) to me.

Ebay is your friend. so is the deco stop.. ask your LDS they might just have some laying around they will give you. I have some but I want to keep them.. even though I use din now. You never know..:D:D

If all else fails, we can check my portable dive shop during Meet and Greet. If you are using HP tanks, I believe that DIN connections are technically required above 3400 psi or so. Those tanks would have more pressure than that in them fully charged. That may make it more difficult to find an insert for that valve.

Brian,

Right now, based on school schedules, looks like I can be there. Unfortunately, I have not brewed a batch in about 9 or 10 months, so my stock is a bit low, but what is mine, is the groups. I'll bring it all.

Ken

I understand. I will be bringing some of my favorite patriotic beverage with me as well.

I will be looking forward to seeing you again.

I have a couple of inserts that we might be able to work out a deal on you dirty, dirty x-navy girl.:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

If all else fails, we can check my portable dive shop during Meet and Greet. If you are using HP tanks, I believe that DIN connections are technically required above 3400 psi or so. Those tanks would have more pressure than that in them fully charged. That may make it more difficult to find an insert for that valve.

Thanks Brian. Yes, there are the HP Thermo Pro Valves. I have two other valves on my 100's that we can remove and inspect to make sure if anyone has the inserts, that they match. I did find some online at Dive Express but I thought before I send a few bucks getting them shipped and all that, I could ask my SB buddies to see if they had them.

I have a couple of inserts that we might be able to work out a deal on you dirty, dirty x-navy girl.:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Now that is what I'm talking about John. :kiss2: You know how to treat a girl right. Unlike your buddy Ted who says he's got the goods but then says he's keeping them for himself. :shakehead: Lets just make sure they are the inserts for my scuba tanks and not the inserts you would use on Ariel. :D

***** UPDATED WHO IS BRING WHAT LIST *****

Luckydays
– Chicken Soup, Canopy for coverage and probably a propane heater if it is cold.

jwalko
- Lots of sweet Italian sausage, sweet peppers and hoagie rolls. I'll also have extra bottled water and other drinks.

GTXL1200

1. Bunkhouse Now taking reservation or bribe money
2. Generator
3. (2)two 30 cup coffee makers
4. Coffee
5. One days worth of breakfast stuff
04.gif

Reallydg
- Chili

MichScubaMike
- Munchies... Chips/Salsa ect. and bottled water.

Barracuda2
- Toledo Polish Kielbasa

Misstopsail
- some kind of dessert (cookies and maybe banana bread) Questionable attendance at this point.

SouthSideScubaSteve
- some culinary delight

gNats/DivingCRNA
- Sloppy Joes & Buns

MrSmitty
– Cheesecake

T.Bix –
ribs, Chicago style!

Leko916
– hot spiced (possibly spiked) cider
Propane Lantern
2-burner propane stove
tea-pot
large soup pot w/lid
griddle for stove
charcoal grill (if anyone says they'll use it)
propane heater
10x10 canopy with sidewalls
and I'm sure I'll think of more

MDJ1016 –
possibly a darn good chili and/or a great Italian pasta dish (Italian sausage, Mostacoli, great past sauce, and did I mention all the melted cheese?)

kt gobucks
– (personally I am hoping she brings the jalepeno poppers)

Mitten Diver
– dive trailer full of crap. The box of goodies. Tex-Mex dip and chips. SIR smores and some money for the firewood. May chip in for a hopper of spiced apple cider that the Brenner crew is trying to take credit for.

diverbrian – quarry cake from his beautiful blonde guest (and Ariel)

diver paula
-
black bean & corn salsa, bananas and SIN.

wreckless1 - broccoli and rice

Notso_Ken - homemade tonic

***** UPDATED WHO IS BRING WHAT LIST *****

Notso_Ken - homemade tonic

I'll bring something else with it, not sure what yet, looking at the liist, looks like about everything is covered.

Maybe some rabbit food?

Ken

PS, maybe I need to get some ingredients ordered up and get abatch or 2 started so I have some good stuff for fall . . .

Last edited:
I'll bring something else with it, not sure what yet, looking at the liist, looks like about everything is covered.

Maybe some rabbit food?

Ken

PS, maybe I need to get some ingredients ordered up and get abatch or 2 started so I have some good stuff for fall . . .

Rabbit food will be fantastic and having some homemade brew ready for fall will be a good thing as well. I will bringing some micro-brew something or other with me as well. (I dont brew my own but I know where to buy it :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom