Great Lakes Titanics: Shipwrecks on the Inland Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickydazla

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
From Midland Center for the Arts/Midland County Historical Society:
Great Lakes Titanics: Shipwrecks on the Inland Seas
May 17 - August 31, 2008
Doan History Center
Rotating Gallery

Shipwrecks have claimed many lives and vessels on the Great Lakes and this exhibit will highlight some of the well-known losses during the past 100 years with artifacts, photographs, and information pertaining to various shipwrecks. Also included is information about diving and recent shipwreck dives, and about the role of the United States Life Saving Service, the forerunner of today's U.S. Coast Guard.

Sponsored by Bruno's Dive Shop.

Great Lakes Shipwrecks Opening Reception
June 3, 2008 - 7 p.m.
Doan History Center

Join us as guest speaker, producer, diver, videographer and marine historian Ric Mixter from Airworthy Productions presents “Shipwrecks of the Saginaw Valley.” Ric will share information gleaned from shipwreck survivors and first-hand accounts of diving various Great Lakes wrecks. Ric's underwater adventures are known to millions who watch his documentaries and news stories on television. Ric has donated some 30 shows to PBS and has also found world-wide audiences on the Vision Network and Outdoor Channel. Ric has also been featured as an on-camera researcher for the Discovery Channel and History Channel, and is also an award-winning news reporter, working for stations all across Michigan. He created Airworthy Productions in 2000 and continues to produce industrial and fundraiser videos fulltime as a videographer.

Ric holds several certifications in SCUBA, including advanced ratings and ice rescue. He served several years on the Saginaw County Underwater Rescue Team as a marine deputy/diver and was also the diver/videographer for expeditions to the Edmund Fitzgerald and Carl D. Bradley.

Admission: $5, MCHS Members Free

Cheers

Rick

Absolutely. I'll be in Port Huron from noon until three - planning on a couple of dives on the Monarch/Ben Hur. Taking my new Olympus c8080 on its first real outing.. Late notice though probably?! Got lots of classes later this week and a charter this weekend so I'll be in touch next week...

Cheers

Rick

Absolutely. I'll be in Port Huron from noon until three - planning on a couple of dives on the Monarch/Ben Hur. Taking my new Olympus c8080 on its first real outing.. Late notice though probably?! Got lots of classes later this week and a charter this weekend so I'll be in touch next week...

Cheers

Rick

Sorry I couldn't make it. I'm off on Monday but watch my son most of the day. I'll be diving tonight once his mom gets home. Hope you had a good one.

Next week I'll be diving all week in Port Austin and Port Sanilac. The following week in Lake Erie. But soon!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom