Great Florida Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice site. Makes me want to join those guys for a dive...

If you ever decide to go a little further south, be sure to post a note in the Private Trips section - you're welcome to join the group of us that goes off the beach most weekends.

Safe ascents,
Grier

baitedstorm:
Why's that?????? This is an extermely easy dive and if he times the tide correctly(just read the chart)

Oh!!! I'm Sorry, did he say only 20 dives. I guess you answered your own question.

But, being the nice person you are, I'm confident you'll supply the tide tables and when to start the dive and which way to go so the tide will get him back to the starting point.

Let me thank you for providing this info to him in advance.

Joe

Broward County. Of course I am a bit partial cause I live here. The first reef line is a hundred yards or so off shore, and you can swim to your hearts content, sandy beaches, lending to easy entries and exits.
Yes, I agree with Baitedstorm that Blue Heron Bridge is easy, if you use the tide charts. Many many divers do their check out dives there.

Ummmm, hello. tide table aren't exactly difficult to come by (free copy from SeaTow at most dive shops in the area), prehaps your thinking of a different part of Phil Foster's. there's one place in particular that divers go in at, about 400 feet away from THE LIFEGAURD station. I would suggest he come along with one of the SB groups for his first time out, however..... it isn't exactly rocket science when you look at the layout of the park, ffs jumping off the back of a boat and trying to get back on is much harder than this dive. Thanks ever so much for your great concerns, I don't think your giving this guy enough credit as a diver.

QUOTE=jriderski]Oh!!! I'm Sorry, did he say only 20 dives. I guess you answered your own question.

But, being the nice person you are, I'm confident you'll supply the tide tables and when to start the dive and which way to go so the tide will get him back to the starting point.

Let me thank you for providing this info to him in advance.

Joe[/QUOTE]

CBulla:
Grier, why dont we do something about planning a dive at one of those sites then.. I can't think of a reason not to. :D

me too! me too! me too!!!!!! :eyebrow:

I have been SO wanting to go back to Vero Beach. The one time I & my buddy dove there, however, vis varied from 6 to 12 inches. Between the low viz & the surge, my buddy ended up playing ball with a sea urchin & I ended up getting my noggin smashed into a rock. If someone LOCAL (hint, hint baited storm) were to do a snorkle trip to check the viz, I am more than ready to do an all-day shore dive trip to Vero, but driving 3 hours one way to suffer a sore neck isn't my idea of fun.

scubafool:
I have been SO wanting to go back to Vero Beach. The one time I & my buddy dove there, however, vis varied from 6 to 12 inches. Between the low viz & the surge, my buddy ended up playing ball with a sea urchin & I ended up getting my noggin smashed into a rock. If someone LOCAL (hint, hint baited storm) were to do a snorkle trip to check the viz, I am more than ready to do an all-day shore dive trip to Vero, but driving 3 hours one way to suffer a sore neck isn't my idea of fun.

Did someone say margaritas?

CBulla:
Grier, why dont we do something about planning a dive at one of those sites then.. I can't think of a reason not to. :D

Sounds good to me - you suggest a date and site, and I'll check to make sure I'm in town.

Just let me know when to jump in and take a peek and I'd be happy to! I live in North East Fort Pierce and it is a quick jump up the road to VERO from here.
As far as diving Blue Heron and reading a tide chart I too aggree that a diver with twenty dives should be able to do that. Now, I am making assumptions about his training with the speed courses that are out there lasting only a weekend or so. I do think that the snobish remark made by "jriderski" to baitedstorm that someone would need to furnish information and hold his hand is without foundation.
It smacks of a diver who still dives his first set of gear with that "new gear smell" telling other divers on the boat that they are amatuers.

Eric

Certified 1981
Divers Unlimited Hollywood, FL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom