Grand Cayman - Here comes Earl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew Sailbum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We really are not amused.

Tropical Depression #5 has formed east of the Windward Islands. Its forecast track through the Caribbean closely mirrors the track of Charley and the Cayman Islands are on the track again.

If this one develops as forecast, it will be named Earl.

it looks like Earl will have plenty of time to get big before he comes a'knocking. Hope you'all make it thru OK.

PULEEZE!! Here we go again.. and so soon! Can only hope that Earl will be as kind to us as Charley was.
Thanks for the good word, Dive Borg. Hope your travels have been good since I saw you a few months ago?

caymancase:
PULEEZE!! Here we go again.. and so soon! Can only hope that Earl will be as kind to us as Charley was.
Thanks for the good word, Dive Borg. Hope your travels have been good since I saw you a few months ago?

Thanks Casey. I have recommended you to other cruisers since I had a good time diving with you.

As as travel goes, I've been to Las Vegas to visit my brother and to Los Angeles for a week of work, but no dive travel since March. I do have trip to Coz for the week before Christmas and a trip to British Columbia in Feb. coming up.

Drew,
Let me know what things are like down there with this storm. I am supposed to fly in on Wednesday morning for 8 days. Thanks for your help. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and me as well!

nbdiver:
Drew,
Let me know what things are like down there with this storm. I am supposed to fly in on Wednesday morning for 8 days. Thanks for your help. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and me as well!

nbdiver,
I wish you luck. My wife and I just got back from Cayman Brac. We had five amazing days of diving (something about not diving in a drysuit... :wink: ) Charley sidetracked us on Wed and Thurs, but the resort faired well with some minor damage to the dock. Have fun on your trip and dive safe
Derrick

Thanks. Hopefully we are able to go...Earl looks like it is tracking to go right over Caymans. Hopefully it doesn't pick up to much steam!

Earl has dissipated so it looks like we on GC and the sister islands luck out again (with finger crossed) :)

Back
Top Bottom