Got rid of the Turtles, I got Jet fins, now how do I stretch out the foot pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
I wear Seasoft Booties, tennis shoe type with the sole. Do I boil the fin pockets? If so, what do I use to force open the foot pockets to make the opening wider and taller?

Thanks!!

What was wrong with the Turtles?

Trade them for Turtles.:D

I think the two posts regarding turtles being too small and too big should be togther :bonk:

I just relized that these two posts are by the same person:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :

I think I have just been duped:boom:

detroit diver once bubbled...
What was wrong with the Turtles?

They stink to high heaven! I just got a new pair of turtles in anticipating the DUI CLX-450 I have on order. I put them in the “scuba shrine,” the small office where we store scuba gear, not only did they stink up the room but they stank up that whole floor of the house. And it’s not easy to overcome the neoprene smell from the wetsuits.

Man do those fins stink! No wonder o-ring wasn’t able to pick up any women at parties despite the cute turtle logo!

Mike

Can a regulator join these two threads together please.

No-one answered my question in the other thread - someone mentioned inserts for turtle fins - does anyone have a source?

MikeS once bubbled...

They stink to high heaven! I just got a new pair of turtles in anticipating the DUI CLX-450 I have on order. I put them in the “scuba shrine,” the small office where we store scuba gear, not only did they stink up the room but they stank up that whole floor of the house. And it’s not easy to overcome the neoprene smell from the wetsuits.

Man do those fins stink! No wonder o-ring wasn’t able to pick up any women at parties despite the cute turtle logo!

Mike

Sigh. That's what the spring straps are for. You roll up one of those little pine tree thingies people hang from their mirrors and shove it inside the spring. :rolleyes:
Tech 101, module 4.

Phil

If you are having trouble getting your foot into the fins, spray the foot pockets and booties with Armor All. Will work as long as the fins are not way too small.

I'm getting a drysuit this spring, most likely the same as my buddies. I know I will need new fins because the boots are very wide, and my foot is another 2 sizes larger than his. He just got his suit, so he hasn't picked up fins yet....... and I'm curious of what type of fins I should be looking for.....

SS

Back
Top Bottom