Got rid of the Turtles, I got Jet fins, now how do I stretch out the foot pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a pair of turtles last week. Your right, they did stink when I got them. But after using them once the smell went away.

I have a 450CLx and the boots hurt with XL Jets. I am a size 10.5 shoe.

ScubaScott once bubbled...
I'm getting a drysuit this spring, most likely the same as my buddies. I know I will need new fins because the boots are very wide, and my foot is another 2 sizes larger than his. He just got his suit, so he hasn't picked up fins yet....... and I'm curious of what type of fins I should be looking for.....

SS

Scott,

Try the Jetfins first. If they don't fit, go for the Turtles.

I'm getting a drysuit this spring, most likely the same as my buddies. I know I will need new fins because the boots are very wide, and my foot is another 2 sizes larger than his. He just got his suit, so he hasn't picked up fins yet....... and I'm curious of what type of fins I should be looking for.....

SS

If you are looking for the "jet fin" style, most likely Turtles will be the only thing big enough. I have also tried the IDI jet fins, and although they fit (barely) I did not like them as well as the Turtles. Spring straps are just about a "must do" thought, as the straps that come with Turtles are marginal.

I also have XL Blades that fit my drysuit, but I have a medium boot on my Bare Tri-Lam.

Best bet is get the suit, then try on fins.

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...

If you are looking for the "jet fin" style, most likely Turtles will be the only thing big enough. I have also tried the IDI jet fins, and although they fit (barely) I did not like them as well as the Turtles. Spring straps are just about a "must do" thought, as the straps that come with Turtles are marginal.

I also have XL Blades that fit my drysuit, but I have a medium boot on my Bare Tri-Lam.

Best bet is get the suit, then try on fins.

Phil

Phil - the suit I'm 99.9% sold on is the Bare HD Tri-Lam - I can get a pretty good deal from my LDS as I happen to fit the stock model off the rack. However - I know my Quatros won't fit. LDS only carries different styles of Mares and US Divers, and a couple split fin models..... so trying on turtles or jetfins isn't an option....... three hour drive to the next dive shop.... LOL .... oh to live in the Great White North! Thanks for your help guys......

SS

Phil - the suit I'm 99.9% sold on is the Bare HD Tri-Lam - I can get a pretty good deal from my LDS as I happen to fit the stock model off the rack. However - I know my Quatros won't fit. LDS only carries different styles of Mares and US Divers, and a couple split fin models..... so trying on turtles or jetfins isn't an option....... three hour drive to the next dive shop.... LOL .... oh to live in the Great White North! Thanks for your help guys......

SS

Same suit I have. You have good taste :wink: Although it's heavy...

If the XL Blades will fit, so will the Turtles. Most likely true of the XXL Blades also. The pocket on Turtles is BIG

Good luck

Phil

Scott,

I have the Bare Commercial Tri-Lam. The boots are huge. The jets won't fit my foot and I had to go with the Turtles-they fit great. I wear a size 11 shoe.

I tried the Quattros for a while-that was a joke!

DD - yeah, I think I may just order some turtles and be done with it..... I wear an 11-1/2 to a 12, so taking your advice, going to the turtles seem like the least hassle option.......The boots really are wide eh?

Headed down to Florida in March....... perhaps I can find some more options down there.......

SS

Can't help myself! I just have to say I have a pair of Turtles that have been worn *once* if anyone wants to make a realistic offer in a PM. They cost me $76 from COVCI. Too flappy for my drysuit boots - felt like I had rudders on my feet. They look (and smell) brand new, which they basically are.

DD - yeah, I think I may just order some turtles and be done with it..... I wear an 11-1/2 to a 12, so taking your advice, going to the turtles seem like the least hassle option.......The boots really are wide eh?

Headed down to Florida in March....... perhaps I can find some more options down there.......

SS

If they're the same boots, then yes.

I'd jump on Scubaroo's offer. If you don't like 'em, throw 'em on ebay.

Hi all, I am about to buy a pair of turtle fins and need to know where I can get a pair of spring strpas for them - I have shopped around a little and found some for $30 but they are for the type of fins that have a post sticking out to clamp on to - i don't think the turtles have that type of fastener. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom