Got a dive in yesterday (March14th, 2004)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Started out with a pool dive for some weight adjustments (dropped 2 pounds) and some mental dive olympics to brush the cobwebs out of the ol' noggin. Had to postpone my dive I had planned on Saturday due to some planning for the wedding, but Sunday morning, suited up and got two dives in at my parents private pond.

Temp was 66degrees at every depth. Visability started at 6 feet on the surface, after descending 3 feet, it went blackout due to tannin. Oddly enough, upon making the bottom, it was already silted out, I guess I scared some of the local inhabitants. After soem head down, fins up swimming, managed to find an area that wasn't silted out. Vis was still blackout, but my lights were at least able to extend vis to the original 6 inches. Oddly enough, found a pair of womens underwear. Final depth on thsi dive was 15 feet. Dropped four more pounds before second dive. This brought me down to 20 pounds. (This is great news, since on my checkout dives for open water, I used 30 pounds. Dropping 10 pounds to me is a big deal.)

Second dive was pretty much same drill, final depth was 15 feet. Vis was the same, except no silt out, since I was in a different area of the pond. All in all, fun dives. But did note that I blew down first tank faster than I liked, but I was breathing pretty hard since I was alone, and in blackout. Will have to work on that.

good report

Very Cool, David. We have a pit we dive on the outskirts of Savannah. We'll all have to meet and gear up fairly soon. Water is a pretty blue...good vis when it hasn't been raining.

A.

wish i were their to dive must be nice. dont you have a job???????just kidding. hope you had a good. sounds like you had a good time.

Back
Top Bottom